TT 2022 ??

Barlow

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oof. That's too much for the first year. Be interesting to see if it makes it onto the high seas.

Sink or Swim. I will feel for those who purchase and then find MT crap connections, buffering etc. Also are ITV4 still doing nightly programmes? 

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Manx Radio have announced that they are providing full TT coverage for free which is great for all the tax payers that sponsor the station 🤣 this comment was made immediately after the 14.99 package was announced.

Assume it will be the audio from the video feed with adverts for Barry Curran and The Ting Tings played every 15mins :)Roy Moore will be missed he has a skill rarely found and very much the voice of the TT. 

How much is Steve Day and all this streaming feed costing for 1 event.....based on their track record of live timing failures its bound to have teething troubles.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Manx Radio have announced that they are providing full TT coverage for free which is great for all the tax payers that sponsor the station 🤣 this comment was made immediately after the 14.99 package was announced.

I think the Manx Radio coverage is good if you are actually watching live. Its rubbish if you are not on Island though as its too boring without visuals.

9 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oof. That's too much for the first year. Be interesting to see if it makes it onto the high seas.

That's an absolute bargain. I was thinking it would be more like £50+. It costs me more than that to watch my crappy League 1 football team on iplayer!!

Edited by winnie
error
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Bike forums largely saying it’s a bargain.  I agree.  You would pay more than that for one boxing match. MotoGP is more than that, as are pay per view football matches.

It seems incredibly good value.

How this is going to cover 200 persons wages is beyond me.

The TT Gov lot have been twiddling their thumbs for 2  years to come up with this new drain on our tax.

Seriously, how many people watched the C4 evening coverage?

Whatever the viewing figures were for the Chanel 4 coverage, this live coverage won't get anywhere near that, its during a fucking working week for most people, so how many do they think will pay to watch these races live in the middle of a working week during the day?*

I am totally sick of my tax being spunked on this deathfest while our disabled people are manhandled onto planes because we can't afford a new Ambilift.

ETA

*Ever notice how F1 is sometimes run in the night to make it available to european viewers when they are not working. This seems to have totally escaped the brains in Cabinet office. Or whoever comes up with this fucking shit.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

how is it going to work ?  its not like moto gp or F1  where a lap lasts 1 or minutes and you get to see all the action and there is a camera or 3 on every corner from different view points.   i can't see there being enough cameras about the place to have the leader in view for the whole lap .  i predict shitness for your 15 quid.       

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I think the Manx Radio coverage is good if you are actually watching live. Its rubbish if you are not on Island though as its too boring without visuals.

I disagree, you've got it arse about face. It's the Manx Radio coverage that actually makes watching it live less boring. It's actually quite a limp spectacle without the radio coverage. Just a load of motorbikes riding past. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I disagree, you've got it arse about face. It's the Manx Radio coverage that actually makes watching it live less boring. It's actually quite a limp spectacle without the radio coverage. Just a load of motorbikes riding past. 

I think we are agreeing really. That's what I meant to say....sort of. Perhaps they are mutually beneficial,  but rubbish on their own.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I wouldn't agree with that.  I listened to Manx Radio every year from about 2011 or 2012.  Combined with both the live timing app and following whatever the current thread was on here, I thought the coverage was rather* good.  And I didn't have the hassle of travelling to the IoM...  🙂

*Except for the guy at Ramsey hairpin and the guy at the grandstand, both of whom made me want to shoot myself.  (One of them commentates as if they have some inane smile pemanently bolted on their face, and also keeps on obsessing over lap speeds rather than lap times.  I keep on expecting to hear him say something like "And now Peter Hickman leads Dean Harrison by 0.9 mph per lap".   But it's not Jennie Gow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

I wouldn't agree with that.  I listened to Manx Radio every year from about 2011 or 2012.  Combined with both the live timing app and following whatever the current thread was on here, I thought the coverage was rather* good.  And I didn't have the hassle of travelling to the IoM...  🙂

*Except for the guy at Ramsey hairpin and the guy at the grandstand, both of whom made me want to shoot myself.  (One of them commentates as if they have some inane smile pemanently bolted on their face, and also keeps on obsessing over lap speeds rather than lap times.  I keep on expecting to hear him say something like "And now Peter Hickman leads Dean Harrison by 0.9 mph per lap".   But it's not Jennie Gow.

I get that. I'm not a motorcycle racing fan so radio alone hold no appeal. I guess it's horses for courses.