TT 2022 ??

Barlow

26 minutes ago, piebaps said:

There are two strings to the Homestay rules.

Firstly Section 6 of the Tourist Act 1975 makes it illegal to use your premises as tourist premises without being registered. While the 1975 Act is the latest version, the root of Section 6 appears to be from a similar Act in 1961. 

Secondly, Homestay comes with a tax exemption. This only applies if the premises are registered.

And a degree of insurance?

Here's what they say on Insurance

Insurance

The Department  for  Enterprise will  arrange  Public  Liability  insurance cover on  receipt  of  a  signed  copy  of your  registration form  and  associated  administration fee.   If  a  visitor is  injured  whilst  staying  in your property  and  they  decide  that  you  were  somehow  negligent,  they have the  option  to  bring  an action against  you.  If  you are registered  with the  scheme,  the  Department’s Public  Liability  insurance  policy  will  respond  and  deal  with  the  claim.    This  provides  cover  of  up  to £5  million and  applies  for  the period  the property  is  registered  only.   This insurance  does  NOT  cover any  accidental  damage to your  house or its  contents.    All  Homestay  hosts  should  contact  their home insurer and  advise  that  they  will  be accommodating  paying guests  during  the periods  of  the  TT  and/or  the  MGP  and  Classic  TT  and  arrange a  suitable extension of cover  as  applicable.   Failure  to  do  so  may  invalidate your  home  and  contents  insurance policy. 

12 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Here's what they say on Insurance

Insurance

The Department  for  Enterprise will  arrange  Public  Liability  insurance cover on  receipt  of  a  signed  copy  of your  registration form  and  associated  administration fee.   If  a  visitor is  injured  whilst  staying  in your property  and  they  decide  that  you  were  somehow  negligent,  they have the  option  to  bring  an action against  you.  If  you are registered  with the  scheme,  the  Department’s Public  Liability  insurance  policy  will  respond  and  deal  with  the  claim.    This  provides  cover  of  up  to £5  million and  applies  for  the period  the property  is  registered  only.   This insurance  does  NOT  cover any  accidental  damage to your  house or its  contents.    All  Homestay  hosts  should  contact  their home insurer and  advise  that  they  will  be accommodating  paying guests  during  the periods  of  the  TT  and/or  the  MGP  and  Classic  TT  and  arrange a  suitable extension of cover  as  applicable.   Failure  to  do  so  may  invalidate your  home  and  contents  insurance policy. 

Exactly

The issue is all of those who charge people to stay in their homes but who aren’t registered and who don’t have insurance.

It is only a matter of time until someone gets caught out in a huge way.

3 hours ago, WTF said:

the same as what happens with all the unvaxed locals that are going to the uk and coming back,  fuck all,   take a deep breath and get over yourself.

no need to be a wanker about that fact you missed the point, i didn't say it shouldn't run or that we should have restrictions i'm saying how can we put it on 'WHILE' there are still restrictions for anyone travelling.

2 hours ago, The Bastard said:

Coronavirus is already here. You're talking about closing the stable door not only after the horse has bolted, but after it's bolted, been recaptured, lived a long life pulling trams, retired to the home for old horses, been knackered and made into glue.

The virus isn't going away, and any effort should be focused on making sure people are vaccinated, which limits the severity of complications. Vaccinated people can still carry the virus and suffer from it, so the "unvaxxed" aren't the risk you think they are. Unvaxxed people are more of a risk to themselves than to the wider community as a whole. Rather than imagining we can hide in a blanket fort until it goes away, we need to carry on living with it. Eventually, the majority of the population will have been exposed in some form, and it will stop being the bogeyman.

same as above: i didn't say it shouldn't run or that we should have restrictions i'm saying how can we put it on 'WHILE' there are still restrictions for anyone travelling

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have an official line from Government on TT next year at this stage? 

Two people who are 'involved' with the organisation of the TT have expressed their doubts about it when I was speaking to them this week. 

One cited the 'massive cost' of road improvements/maintenance that would be needed to bring it up to meet ACU demands. 

The other mentioned there is apparently claims against the ACU that are ongoing? Is the Steve Mercer thing  all sorted now? Or are there other cases ongoing? They thought that might be an issue in the actual races going ahead. 

20 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Two people who are 'involved' with the organisation of the TT have expressed their doubts about it when I was speaking to them this week. 

One cited the 'massive cost' of road improvements/maintenance that would be needed to bring it up to meet ACU demands. 

The other mentioned there is apparently claims against the ACU that are ongoing? Is the Steve Mercer thing  all sorted now? Or are there other cases ongoing? They thought that might be an issue in the actual races going ahead. 

I suspect we've seen the last of it.

I can't see some areas where that new "Ralumac"(?) surfacing has been applied passed as suitable for racing, unless it's intended to surface dress it with something else? As a surface it's as rough as hell with overbanding at the joints too where the sides of the laid strips join, down through the likes of Glen Helen in particular it's very noticeable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I can't see some areas where that new "Ralumac"(?) surfacing has been applied passed as suitable for racing, unless it's intended to surface dress it with something else? As a surface it's as rough as hell with overbanding at the joints too where the sides of the laid strips join, down through the likes of Glen Helen in particular it's very noticeable.

I rode my motorcycle on the TT course as far as Ballacraine  on Friday  the Ralumac  surface is dangerous, and the ridges cauused by the overlap of the edges  tends to make front tyre weave and try to follow the raised overlap , what it will be like at 140MPH is anybodies guess , trying to cut corners  by basically covering the road surface with a slurry  is not the way forward , even the old tar and small granite chippings were a  better  solution than  this  , the roads are a disgrace , and everywhere drains and gullies blocked , I am just waiting for the wall to collapse into the road by the Union Mills pub , the water has been running over the stone wall for over a week and its on the way to Ellerslie depot  so all the highway workers and boss's must see it , 

• Thanks 4

59 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

The road repairs were deferred to allow the road to be in good condition for the races so I don't think there's an issue there. The costs will have been allocated.

Insurance will take care of the Mercer incident.

32 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Have I got this wrong, to race in the TT haven’t you got to do the southern and the Manx. As I can’t see many racing next year. I have a feeling if it goes ahead it’s not going to be that great. 

There is no requirement to do the Manx or S100 providing you can prove your capability.

Racing has been in full swing elsewhere so there should be no issues with qualification or experience. 

I think there's been a upsurge of interest in the races, we may find fewer international travellers for obvious reasons but the island is pretty accessible for Brits and Irish and the break may have done us some good?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I rode my motorcycle on the TT course as far as Ballacraine  on Friday  the Ralumac  surface is dangerous, and the ridges cauused by the overlap of the edges  tends to make front tyre weave and try to follow the raised overlap , what it will be like at 140MPH is anybodies guess , trying to cut corners  by basically covering the road surface with a slurry  is not the way forward , even the old tar and small granite chippings were a  better  solution than  this  , the roads are a disgrace , and everywhere drains and gullies blocked , I am just waiting for the wall to collapse into the road by the Union Mills pub , the water has been running over the stone wall for over a week and its on the way to Ellerslie depot  so all the highway workers and boss's must see it , 

I can only think that it's an 'underlayer' for a tarmac surface?

That Ralumac is odd stuff . I dealt with a fatality at Churchtown in early 2017.the surface had just been put down, and you could literally put your hand under it and lift it like a carpet. God knows what it must be like after a few heavy winters.

Edited by Derek Flint
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

That Ralumac is odd stuff . I dealt with a fatality at Churchtown in early 2017.the surface had just been put down, and you could literally put your hand under it and lift it like a carpet. God knows what it must be like after a few heavy winters.

There was a temporary speed restriction put on that area following that incident over concerns about the surface, too IIRC?

The surface is still there, in fact time and traffic seem to have smoothed it out a bit, at least where the vehicle wheels pass over it. 

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 1