TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I like to come and go in the village.  Assuming you pay once for the day and come and go as you please with a hand stamp, They (probably the government underwriting fee) get 150 quid from me and my regular TT group over the period.  More so if it’s per entry.   

£2 this year, a fiver next .. 

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

£2 to get into the TT village in the villa this year.   Flip that right off.  I’ll be buying from Tesco this year.   

I had heard that Busheys didnt make anything last time. Set up costs and the hire of the venue and the need to make good after hits them hard. Its actually not Martin doing it either its on behalf of him . He in effect has subcontracted it out . I reckon they also have to factor in staff costs as this years TT is going to really suffer for staff in venues I'm sure. Hotels , guest houses , restaurants and coffee shops all going to have issues. 

Edited by Numbnuts

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I had heard that Busheys didnt make anything last time. Set up costs and the hire of the venue and the need to make good after hits them hard. Its actually not Martin doing it either its on behalf of him . He in effect has subcontracted it out . I reckon they also have to factor in staff costs as this years TT is going to really suffer for staff in venues I'm sure. Hotels , guest houses , resturants and coffee shops all going to have issues. 

if i was Busheys accountants i wouldn't  be making any money either.

• Haha 3

My friend who has been keeping me up to date on the situation regarding Marshalls has been away for a couple of weeks but I was chatting to a neighbour today who was telling me he chucked the form in the bin and so did his mate and they have been Marshalling for 20+ years so the powers that be must have a lot of new recruits lined up.

22 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

A severe lack of marshalls would be a terrific excuse to scrap the event, without appearing to desire that outcome. Maybe that's the plan. 

It had to happen , law of averages , finally a post of yours I agree with.😂

The big cheese (of the grand fondu😉) , Paul Phillips has been quoted as wanting to reduce the numbers of riders , bin off the sidecars and the MGP.

Just saying:flowers:

2 hours ago, paswt said:

…bin off the sidecars…

…and the MGP.

Can’t be many that disagree there. Especially the first one - sidecars are basically coffins on 3 wheels with absolutely no relevance to real world motoring. Why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to have them hurtling out of control round country roads is beyond me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

Can’t be many that disagree there. Especially the first one - sidecars are basically coffins on 3 wheels with absolutely no relevance to real world motoring. Why anyone thinks it’s a good idea to have them hurtling out of control round country roads is beyond me. 

For some TT aficionados the sidecars are a personality trait.

11 hours ago, wrighty said:

Why are they out of control though, they have 3 wheels in contact with the ground thus improving braking and steering? They are a welcome change to the processional solos with identikit bodywork regardless of class? Current lack of variety is one of the nails in the TT coffin IMHO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wrighty said:

I think 'out of control' is a bit strong but I take you point. I think inherritantly unstable would be a better description. 

They are certainly a strange phenomenon. None of the advantages of a bike or a car. 

Are they statistically more dangerous ie are there more accidents per mile of racing?