TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Are they statistically more dangerous ie are there more accidents per mile of racing?

I don't think so, although I'd stand to be corrected? The main problem is that when an accident occurs, there are potentially two casualties. 

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I think 'out of control' is a bit strong but I take you point. I think inherritantly unstable would be a better description. 

They are certainly a strange phenomenon. None of the advantages of a bike or a car. 

Are they statistically more dangerous ie are there more accidents per mile of racing?

A bit strong perhaps, but not far off. The third wheel adds nothing to stability or traction. If it weren’t for the passenger throwing his weight around they’d tip up or plough straight on when cornering at speed. 

Might need Roger Mexico to do the stats, but I suspect they are more dangerous per mile raced. There aren’t many of them compared to the solo riders, but there are a good few in the list of deaths. 

• Like 1

UGP 2022 cancelled. A bid by the organisers for £800,000 to Tourism Authorities for running both it and the NW200 has been turned down. The costs were largely blamed on increasing insurance prices apparently.

Screenshot_20220307-190510_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Passing Time said:

They should utilise all of Jurby runways and create a short circuit up there. Yes it will be costly to begin with but think of the potential if done correctly

I think the short sighted decision to plant the prison there took away any prospect of that happening! There's no such thing as joined up thinking and strategy where our lot are concerned, they don't listen to anybody!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think the short sighted decision to plant the prison there took away any prospect of that happening! There's no such thing as joined up thinking and strategy where our lot are concerned, they don't listen to anybody!

The building of the prison caused the loss of a road circuit in the north.  I think it was called the Jurby West Circuit. 

Edited by Manxman2000
  • Like 2