TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Is there any appetite to calculate the carbon footprint of TT?

Are you talking about just the event - so the motorbikes whizzing around for a few hours each day?

Or the true carbon footprint of pollution from longer/diverted local motorists, 20k extra motorbikes, extra ferry sailings, extra flights, the months of roadworks?

I'd they calculate anything I suspect it will he the first one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Are you talking about just the event - so the motorbikes whizzing around for a few hours each day?

Or the true carbon footprint of pollution from longer/diverted local motorists, 20k extra motorbikes, extra ferry sailings, extra flights, the months of roadworks?

what extra bikes ?  the bikes still pollute no matter where they are on the planet.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The latter. Air quality on QB would be very interesting...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The planning application for the new scoreboard is now available on the gov. planning website.

Planning Application: 22/00269/B

"There are no electronic documents available for this case."

By the time Treasury have finished there'll be no electronics available for the scoreboard either. It'll be chalk, a large blackboard and the scouts 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

It'll be chalk, a large blackboard and the scouts 😂

Maybe there are no electric documents because someone in the DoI knocked out the documents on an old Smith Corona portable typewriter.

Of course, there is the possibility that the documents were produced in electronic form, but then submitted as photocopies so that people like me cannot read them.

• Like 1

I love the headline in the Manx Independent today where the Left Tenant Guvnor says he would love ‘his house garden’ to be used as a TT campsite (either his words or sloppy journalism). Well there’s an idea ………. and it will make Government House pay its way. 

For the record John, it’s not your house, it’s the taxpayers house and you live there rent and expenses free courtesy of IOM taxpayers. It would be nice to have happy campers in the grounds, to have motorcycles churning up the manicured lawns, and to have campers desperate for a dump trooping in to use the facilities. I hope they flush the chain 😂 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Two-lane said:

The planning application for the new scoreboard is now available on the gov. planning website.

Planning Application: 22/00269/B

"There are no electronic documents available for this case."

Documents are there now

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 12:06 PM, Derek Flint said:

The latter. Air quality on QB would be very interesting...

You sound like you know the truth about air quality at the QB junction.

It has been "withheld" for years due to how toxic it is.

I saw the figures from about 15 - 20 years ago and they were well over the EU  limits at that time and quickly hidden.

Now with a 2x increase in traffic, I hate to think how bad they are. 

For the plebs, DO NOT GO INTO DOUGLAS ON A NON WINDY DAY IN THE MORNING OR EVENING RUSH HOURS.

The air quality is super toxic and will contribute to you getting cancers in a big way.

You need to remember that just because we are an island that does not make our air clean. If there is little or no wind the toxic fumes from cars/ vans and trucks spew out and hang around at busy junctions.

This is especially bad on the island now because we don't have MOT testing which will pick up worn out, badly adjusted engines that spew toxic black fumes.