TT 2022 ??

Barlow

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

She also stated that 25% of Marshalls were from the Island, seems a low number to me and if correct how do the other 75% get training.

I have no idea who Jane Corlett is , other than she is in control ( with one other person) of the new TTMA and has been gifted/ stolen(?) all the assets of the old IOM TTMA (otherwise how would she know how many marshals "had trickled in" , the new company was established 17/12/21 ?). 

"Members" of the old IOM TTMA have not been  consulted about the transfer of assets and are still awaiting  notification of the date of the  adjourned EGM. ....... a forlorn hope perhaps it would seem as the 'powers that be' seem to make it up as they go along .

The 25% of 'island marshals' may well attend a far greater number of practice/race sessions than those from across and beyond .

As far as I'm aware no correspondence  has been entered into with marshals to establish their willingness to marshal this year (some of whom sign on by "snail mail " rather than on line).

In fairness the CoC advised a marshal on 2/3/22 that there were more than adequate numbers of marshals ,he may be right?

Just saying

10 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’m not worried that the TT won’t go ahead. I’m sure it will. I’m more concerned that it will go ahead regardless of whether it’s safe to do so in terms of marshals, health services, roads, etc.  

As has always been the case...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I’m not worried that the TT won’t go ahead. I’m sure it will. I’m more concerned that it will go ahead regardless of whether it’s safe to do so in terms of marshals, health services, roads, etc.  

and if anybody knows how shit the health services are it's you.

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed after two years where we’ve been locked up in our own houses as the state wished to protect the service delivery of the struggling NHS it’s great to see government now encouraging a load of people to come over and kill themselves even if the hospital can’t cope. 

Won't need the hospital if they're dead!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Agreed after two years where we’ve been locked up in our own houses as the state wished to protect the service delivery of the struggling NHS it’s great to see government now encouraging a load of people to come over and kill themselves even if the hospital can’t cope. 

No objection to them doing what they like on closed roads. 

Big objection to them cluttering up Nobles in the aftermath. Surgery/procedures should not be put on hold for 4 weeks of the year during TT/MGP... let DfE sort out the required medical facilities for bikers. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, wrighty said:

Echoes of the Challenger launch decision?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, finlo said:

Won't need the hospital if they're dead!

very important to get them there quickly so they can have any salvageable  organs removed/stolen and sold to the highest bidder now you have to opt out of donating..

Edited by WTF

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/there-will-be-enough-marshals-for-tt-says-enterprise-minister-521613

Expects, hopes.. powerful words

The best line Covid not a risk because TT is outdoors 😂 hermetic tents for all marshals and a social distanced mini bus off the mountain too. Oh and no going to the beer tent (or anywhere else for that matter)

1 minute ago, english zloty said:

It's like Cannan has issued a dictat that everything is 'hopefully, hopeful, expected'... Tim Crookall is a leading figure in the use of such vague language.

Still I suppose it's better than that shithouse Tim Baker and his condescending answers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, english zloty said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/there-will-be-enough-marshals-for-tt-says-enterprise-minister-521613

Expects, hopes.. powerful words

The best line Covid not a risk because TT is outdoors 😂 hermetic tents for all marshals and a social distanced mini bus off the mountain too. Oh and no going to the beer tent (or anywhere else for that matter)

Mr Allinson is one of those politicians for whom soothing politic-speak, with little actual meaning comes easily. Like many others before him, his predecessor in DfE being a good example, he can be counted on to say something that adds up to nothing very much.  I suspect in his former occupation as GP he was quite good at telling patients that they were doing very well, whilst they were lying on their death beds. 
He should do well in Tynwald, unless Alf Cannan actually meant what he said about delivery.