TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Or possibly she is letting people know in the hope they also might become a marshal...

Let’s all follow on the coat tails of a MHK. She is well renumerated, and in all honesty can easily take time off from either ‘working’ as an MHK or even opening her shop. I can’t see the stampede to be a marshal because CC wants to do it. I wonder if Crets Daughter is a marshal? After all the TT should be running through her veins?

Mind you some of the MHKs/MLC would probably want to marshal inside the Manx Gas hospitality tent. 

Edited by 2112

6 hours ago, chris4652009 said:

Has the date been released for the TT press launch at the Villa Marina this year? 

pre covid I always came across for it, would love to be there for it again this year 

thanks in advance 

What the Fu7k for?

Do you not have better things to do? Like counting clouds? The speed of rain? Anything is better that that shitfest.

Seriously, you are one step away from being a train spotter with that type of behaviour..............

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

There must be a push amongst MHKs to get involved. Clare Christian MHK Douglas South has been trumpeting on Facebook how she has signed up to be a member of the orange army. Most of the real  marshals do it because they genuinely love motorcycles and motorsports, aren’t after self promotion, will happily work a section of the course even up at the mountain and aren’t interested in reward. They also aren’t interested in recognition. Politicos trying to look good, gain self promotion, brownie points and impress other colleagues are quite frankly a sign of desperation and clearly it’s becoming staged managed - that biggest self promoter Rob Callister hasn’t joined up yet has he? 

Allinson actually suggested that MHKs should sign up in the Keys this week as reported by Gef.

7 hours ago, chris4652009 said:

Has the date been released for the TT press launch at the Villa Marina this year? 

pre covid I always came across for it, would love to be there for it again this year 

thanks in advance 

I've not seen anything for this year and there was a sort of event last June and then something about the live coverage in February.  I suspect this year they may be trying to do things online rather than in person.  Of course that would avoid any awkward clashes between the organisers and the volunteers as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

What the Fu7k for?

Do you not have better things to do? Like counting clouds? The speed of rain? Anything is better that that shitfest.

Seriously, you are one step away from being a train spotter with that type of behaviour..............

People are allowed to have hobbies you know.  Even if you don't approve of them.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Let’s all follow on the coat tails of a MHK. She is well renumerated, and in all honesty can easily take time off from either ‘working’ as an MHK or even opening her shop. I can’t see the stampede to be a marshal because CC wants to do it. I wonder if Crets Daughter is a marshal? After all the TT should be running through her veins?

Mind you some of the MHKs/MLC would probably want to marshal inside the Manx Gas hospitality tent. 

the word you are looking for is remunerated for heavens sake...

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Allinson actually suggested that MHKs should sign up in the Keys this week as reported by Gef.

Yes they should, but unfortunately this lot are doing for the wrong reasons, just trying to curry favour, hoping it raises their profile. I hardly think that the likes of Jane Poole Wilson, Kate Lord Brennan, Clare Barber and the others are going to sign up. I think it’s beneath some of them. I can’t even picture Rob Callister putting on an orange tabard and if he did, he would do a feature on his Facebook page, copied to IOMNP Facebook page. 

23 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

There's very little that differentiates TT fans and train spotters aside from one being perceived as 'cool'.

They both sit in hedges watching stuff, they're obsessed with 'vintage' machines, they drink overpriced warm beer, their hobbies both cost the Great Manx Taxpayer a fortune... they are obsessed with holidays on the Isle of Man... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1