TT 2022 ??

Barlow

On 11/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Omobono said:

I rode my motorcycle on the TT course as far as Ballacraine  on Friday  the Ralumac  surface is dangerous, and the ridges cauused by the overlap of the edges  tends to make front tyre weave and try to follow the raised overlap , what it will be like at 140MPH is anybodies guess , trying to cut corners  by basically covering the road surface with a slurry  is not the way forward , even the old tar and small granite chippings were a  better  solution than  this  , the roads are a disgrace , and everywhere drains and gullies blocked , I am just waiting for the wall to collapse into the road by the Union Mills pub , the water has been running over the stone wall for over a week and its on the way to Ellerslie depot  so all the highway workers and boss's must see it , 

Can't see it if you are not looking!

39 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its not a race track, its a road.

and after 2 years of large sections having little or no attention anyone thinking of certifying it as fit to race on must be mad, i wouldn't want it on my conscience. 

i wonder if the mountain road will take as long as the prom to surface, somehow i think not.

Lots of the course between Ballacraine  and Ramsey has been surfaced with bagocrap and it’s awful.

Take a run from Kirk Michael towards peel for a couple of miles on the new surface there to remember what a proper road actually feels like.

They can do it, it is just a shame they don’t do it every time and then keep on top of the basic maintenance to give the surface a chance to stay in good condition.

There is a huge amount of work required to get the roads up to standard for the TT to run next year.

• Like 1

Ralumac has its advantages. It's also relatively cheap, it would appear? Interesting that it's specified for "residential" and "less busy roads"? Like the Mountain Road and Glen Helen?

Screenshot_20211108-103918_OneDrive.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Ralumac has its advantages. It's also relatively cheap, it would appear? Interesting that it's specified for "residential" and "less busy roads"? Like the Mountain Road and Glen Helen?

Screenshot_20211108-103918_OneDrive.jpg

So a bit like fixing a leaking roof with some of that paint on bitumen..........................

43 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Ride to the conditions generally means the weather not the track conditions. 

I noticed the high profile newcomer doing laps of the TT course in his fancy transit van yesterday

By the time TT2022 comes round  he will need a tractor to get around the course in one piece.

• Like 1