TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

There's very little that differentiates TT fans and train spotters aside from one being perceived as 'cool'.

They both sit in hedges watching stuff, they're obsessed with 'vintage' machines, they drink overpriced warm beer, their hobbies both cost the Great Manx Taxpayer a fortune... they are obsessed with holidays on the Isle of Man... 

I didn't realise the hobby of trainspotting was considered "cool" by anybody... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost Ship said:

I didn't realise the hobby of trainspotting was considered "cool" by anybody... 

Having worked in Public Transport for quite a few years and met lots, the vast majority are very normal or even "cool". There are the excessive "loons" too just as there are in the TT and many other walks of life

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So, for TT it seems that 1886 have booked Primal Scream to play in Douglas town square at £65 a ticket. Which is all kinds of wild.

Very Expensive.

You would pay that for better groups performing at Manchester Arena. 

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So, for TT it seems that 1886 have booked Primal Scream to play in Douglas town square at £65 a ticket. Which is all kinds of wild.

So once the stage and associated support gear is setup, there might be room for 5 people

• Like 3

£65 is too much for me, especially as Supergrass are also playing at the Villa for £35, and both would be £100 and that's definitely not happening. Last time I saw Supergrass was in London at their 'retirement' and I had the most wonderful time.

• Like 1

Primal Scream made some good albums, Screamadelica Classic, Give Out ……. Cracking, made some good albums in the 90s and 00s. Supergrass made some cracking albums as well, but I’d say that Primal Scream are past it and too nostalgia, whilst Supergrass are still relevant. My own view. 

The price for Supergrass at the Villa isn’t too excessive. £65 for Primal Scream in a small enclosed area is expensive, still if it’s a success ………… if not it will cost a fortune to put on.