TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

You seem to have a real passion to see TT fail for some reason, I’m hoping it goes according to plan & let’s give Allison etc benefit if doubt unless you can provide proof of failure?

It is going according to the plan of the DfE/Motorsport Team/ACU events ltd in that the Isle of Man TTMA( with anywhere between 230-680+marshal  'members') has been taken over lock stock and barrel by a new company , TTMA ltd with 2 'members' ("ratified by the DfE")without holding the EGM to do so or an AGM .

This   has miffed some older members of the original IOM TTMA but it gives the Motorsport Team/ ACU events ltd/DfE total control without having to consult or consider any matters raised by marshals and the ability to "sack" any marshal who fails to adopt /endorse/ applaud any decision ( "without being given a reason and with no appeal").

It remains to be seen how many existing marshals will be happy to volunteer their services , we have been down to below minimum numbers in previous years and , on the mountain ,the sacking of a well respected CSM (for expressing disappointment at the MGP format ) by the CoC  ( a leader , some say they would  only follow out of idle curiosity😉) perhaps wasn't a good idea.

Just saying

• Like 3

Only a quarter of marshals may be Island residents, but I wonder what percentage they make up of those who are present for the Practises.  Most people coming for the TT don't come for the full fortnight and it's the Practices that have been called off due to lack of marshals in the past.  Alienating the locals may not be a good idea.

The racing will still take place of course.  The organisers will just decide that they don't need that many marshals and plough on regardless.  Safety will always be less important than never admitting you were wrong.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Only a quarter of marshals may be Island residents, but I wonder what percentage they make up of those who are present for the Practises.  Most people coming for the TT don't come for the full fortnight and it's the Practices that have been called off due to lack of marshals in the past.  Alienating the locals may not be a good idea.

The racing will still take place of course.  The organisers will just decide that they don't need that many marshals and plough on regardless.  Safety will always be less important than never admitting you were wrong.

Fair point about hacking  off local marshals, many of whom do all practice and race sessions .

In relation to safety last MGP a  CSM advised race control that there were insufficient marshals and "in the event of an incident there may be no marshal to go to the aid of a fallen rider". Racing continued.

I also remember when we were below minimum numbers and were told that the riders would go as it was only a 'sighting lap'.

I have raised a track safety issues many times in the past , it will be interesting to see if the matter has been addressed this year.

:flowers:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jackwhite said:

£65 standard ticket.

£120 if you want to be at the front (gets you your access to a 'private' toilet and bar too).

Lead singer comes over for TT anyway and is involved with one of the race teams so would have been here anyway.

Be interesting to see who else they get over. Some interesting rumours doing the rounds on potential bands and sums involved.

VIP areas are just another way to separate fools from their money, there's fuck all VIP about in standing at front, you will still get covered in piss if someone decides to chuck a pot full of it.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, The Chief said:

VIP areas are just another way to separate fools from their money, there's fuck all VIP about in standing at front, you will still get covered in piss if someone decides to chuck a pot full of it.

yes, the back is the place to be.

• Haha 1

TT this year will be very interesting and I think it could well be the make or break point, it could be like an old pair of comfy slippers, like Covid never happened and be a brilliant comeback.

Or on the other hand it could be absolute carnage, more smashes due to lack of races/practices, tourists could also be a bit giddy and behave recklessly due to feeling of freedom and no speed limits.

This year more than ever will need to be heavily policed I think, I fully expect people to go hard or go home.

• Like 1