TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I listened to Hoopers interview on the NS and it was not quite like that from memory he was asked about the hospital and he said something like ward 11 was now being used as a Covid ward , that is the ward usually kept clear and of course hospital numbers would always be taken into account with non emergency ops not taking place.    That is not the exact wording but his words have been misconstrued.   What our media will do for a headline 🙄.

The problems at Nobles are fuck all to do with Covid its just being used as an excuse, the place is running on almost absolute minimums and the staff that are left are close to burnout (i know i'm married to one), they are leaving and retiring in droves and some of the 'international' applicants they are getting and keep bleating on about need at least 6 months to get up to speed and even qualify to be registered to work here. 

The fact that LH and the government can magic up a shitload of money Dr's and staff just for a fucking sporting event is disgusting, when that staffing and money is needed right now for all members of manx society not just some fucktards who fancy throwing themselves at some scenery.

This kind of thing and the 'We've got loads of Marshalls but we still need you to register' horseshit really piss me off.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Even if the TT does not go ahead I think 90% of the fans will still come to the Island, holiday dates booked, ferry booked and accommodation booked and all paid for.   Plenty of entertainment on tap including the red arrows and the 1886 big shows and of course Busheys.    May even turn out better without the actual races roads will not be closed so visitors can get around the Island with more ease.   Just one big festival.    I have heard the Marshall situation is far from being solved but there is time enough yet I suppose.  So all things being equal it will be a win, win situation for the Island , hopefully 😜.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No TT Funfair this year, according to Starship Enterprises Allinson. They are claiming that it frees up the promenade and allows visitors to spend money in central Douglas. 

That's what they are claiming is the reason. They really agree with everyone else that;

• Its tacky crap
  • The gene pool is big enough
  • There are serious health and safety concerns
  • We have just got the burglary rate right down

Hope it stays away for good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No TT Funfair this year, according to Starship Enterprises Allinson. They are claiming that it frees up the promenade and allows visitors to spend money in central Douglas. 

And keeps the teenage pregnancy rate down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Even if the TT does not go ahead I think 90% of the fans will still come to the Island, holiday dates booked, ferry booked and accommodation booked and all paid for.   Plenty of entertainment on tap including the red arrows and the 1886 big shows and of course Busheys.    May even turn out better without the actual races roads will not be closed so visitors can get around the Island with more ease.   Just one big festival.    I have heard the Marshall situation is far from being solved but there is time enough yet I suppose.  So all things being equal it will be a win, win situation for the Island , hopefully 😜.

1886 are going all out and booked some fairly decent gigs veering slightly more towards the younger generation.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Bushy's Village.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

That's what they are claiming is the reason. They really agree with everyone else that;

• Its tacky crap
  • The gene pool is big enough
  • There are serious health and safety concerns
  • We have just got the burglary rate right down

Hope it stays away for good.

and  not to mention  the level of juvenile pregnancies,  increase in drug , substance, and alcohol  abuse  combined with people pissing in the shelters and at the top of the promenade steps   litter everywhere   to name but a few 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Omobono said:

and  not to mention  the level of juvenile pregnancies,  increase in drug , substance, and alcohol  abuse  combined with people pissing in the shelters and at the top of the promenade steps   litter everywhere   to name but a few 

People piss in all areas of Douglas anyway. It’s the locals causing the trouble not the visitors. 

• Like 1