TT 2022 ??

Barlow

27 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

The scoreboard is on everyone's phone app.

Does Silverstone have a scoreboard?

silverstone isn't a time trial circuit and you see everybody come past every few minutes, no need for a scoreboard there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

And he says “I have spoken to several people who are definitely booking travel back here to have a holiday break." So we are led to believe that people will come here, stay at what is literally the worst hotel in the IOM, and play a bit of pool and throw some overpriced Carling down their necks and that’s the foundation for their next holiday in the IOM!

standards have gone up then ???

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

And he says “I have spoken to several people who are definitely booking travel back here to have a holiday break." So we are led to believe that people will come here, stay at what is literally the worst hotel in the IOM, and play a bit of pool and throw some overpriced Carling down their necks and that’s the foundation for their next holiday in the IOM!

Isn't that exactly what you say when you have no intention of doing the thing you describe? 

Like when you're in the pub and you meet that annoying person you went to school with... "Oh yeah, it's great to see you again! Oh yes we should definitely catch up again really soon one weekend for a few pints". Then for added measure you find them on social media and block them. 

• Thanks 1

I have had a run around the TT course and the roads are in a terrible state, there will need to be a lot of work commencing early in the New Year if the TT is to go ahead, the road marking alone will take up a lot of the DOI resources nevermind the surface defects,. I have noticed in lots of areas the surface has started to break up, therefore requiring major works, this is usually a plane and overlay and there is a lot of that needed all Island, not just on the TT course. I think that a little part of  £400million loan will be required to get the Infrastructure up to an acceptable level before any racing will be fit take place, mind you I am no expert, but I know a little bit about the Island's roads.

58 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I have had a run around the TT course and the roads are in a terrible state, there will need to be a lot of work commencing early in the New Year if the TT is to go ahead, the road marking alone will take up a lot of the DOI resources nevermind the surface defects,. I have noticed in lots of areas the surface has started to break up, therefore requiring major works, this is usually a plane and overlay and there is a lot of that needed all Island, not just on the TT course. I think that a little part of  £400million loan will be required to get the Infrastructure up to an acceptable level before any racing will be fit take place, mind you I am no expert, but I know a little bit about the Island's roads.

At least if the road surface is breaking up the climate crisis brigade won't be able to glue themselves to it and disrupt whatever racing takes place.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, RoundTheCourse said:

At least if the road surface is breaking up the climate crisis brigade won't be able to glue themselves to it and disrupt whatever racing takes place.

In fact, a smearing of superglue might significantly improve surface cohesion 🙂

• Haha 6