TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, AOR said:

At the general election the media pundits had him down as a shoo-in for getting returned to House of Keys. They were correct of course . What does that say about the other candidates at Arbory, Castletown & Malew?

As an Arbory resident they weren't great. 

Crowther was easily the best and got my vote but didn't really stand a chance against Moorhouse and that nice man off the radio who talks about covid all the time. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

why does this walter keep wearing military uniform? Has he actually served in any of the armed forces?

100% negative.  Cringeworthy.  

I once sat next to him at a dinner event.  He was wearing a Tux with full tails from the 1800s and some sort of giant gold medallion with a red ribbon necklace that I didn't want to validate by querying. 

31 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

and that nice man off the radio who talks about covid all the time. 

To be fair his missus bagged an MBE out of Covid (the gift that keeps on giving) and without doubt this provided the impetus to her Glover's "you should become an MHK" syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

Next time I hear the likes of Rob Callister talking up the TT, I think I will be pushed into a rage state. I have just done a (necessary) journey and thought I would take my motorcycle. This involved travelling across the mountain and then back north via Ballacraine. It appears that the mountain is one of the most heavily policed stretch of road in Europe and the road from Douglas to Ballaugh is basically 40mph max. For a motorcyclist, the TT course has been turned into a short dangerous stretch over the mountain and then what must be the most boring and policed road to ride in British Isles. At this rate, keep the scoreboard temporary. Most motorcyclists visiting the Island this year will not be returning.
If the TT entails this much restriction for locals, put a petition up tomorrow for ending it. I’ll be signing. 

• Like 3