TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

A common sense All-Island speed limit would've avoided all this years ago, but in true Manx fashion we've got there the hard and the stubborn way. Now it's death by signage, restrictions, confusion and over zealous policing. The golden goose is about to stop laying.

Whoever the DOI orders poles and signage from must have made an absolute killing over the past three months....

22 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

A massive (And expensive) dog's breakfast. It didn't have to be this way if they'd have listened to common sense years ago. This clusterfuck is the result. The T.T. used to work because it was relaxed and there was none of this crap. If I was a biker I'd get straight back on the boat, never to return. 

By ‘relaxed’ do you mean visiting bikers could speed and drink-ride with gay abandon, and even if they did get caught points and bans didn’t carry over to the UK?

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

By ‘relaxed’ do you mean visiting bikers could speed and drink-ride with gay abandon, and even if they did get caught points and bans didn’t carry over to the UK?

Points still don’t carry over.

1 hour ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Well, yeah. Apart from the gay bit.

As Declan said. However, bikers do have to spend a couple of hours dressing up like Freddie Mercury before heading out for a ride. Read into that what you will 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

well moto GP has thousands of fans turn up to watch as does F1 and none of those fans expect to be able to tear arse around the circuits so i don't think it will be a big issue here either,  if a few knob heads decide not to bother coming it's a win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My concern is that following the near 3 year absence and the current economic situation the returning TT is going to be a grab-fest by Govt and trades alike that will result in damage to not only future TT numbers but also the Island's reputation.

Looking at one or two of the TT fansites online there are already a considerable number of adverse comments posted in respect of advertised and quoted costs for attending. That's before they start paying for food and beer locally.

We may be strangling the golden goose.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

My concern is that following the near 3 year absence and the current economic situation the returning TT is going to be a grab-fest by Govt and trades alike that will result in damage to not only future TT numbers but also the Island's reputation.

Looking at one or two of the TT fansites online there are already a considerable number of adverse comments posted in respect of advertised and quoted costs for attending. That's before they start paying for food and beer locally.

We may be strangling the golden goose.

In my view it was always going to be a difficult sell. After 3 years and the Covid effect and now the Ukraine issues prices are going to , and indeed are, go up massively and its going to be a hard PR exercise to win punters over. I see also a big issue with carried over accommodation as with Gas and Electric having risen so much and staff wages also gone up I cant see how guest houses and the likes are not going to have to add a supplement to what there offering. Theres usually alot of visitors moaning about costs over here and this year is going to be a nightmare. For instance T shirts this year are £13.99 while last TT/Grandprix there were £ 11.99 . We all know about restaurant and pub prices . And yes , I know prices will have gone up where these visitors are coming from but I'm positive it's going to cause big issues.     

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

well moto GP has thousands of fans turn up to watch as does F1 and none of those fans expect to be able to tear arse around the circuits so i don't think it will be a big issue here either,  if a few knob heads decide not to bother coming it's a win.

Both of those are elite level events where the racing is the be and end all of it. The TT is partly about the racing and partly about being here. If you bring a bike over, you don't do so just as a means of transport to get here, you bring it to ride. Making the main arterial road and the TT course a slower and more policed ride than most out of town A roads in the UK is not going to attract new or repeat motorcyclists. It is not about being a knobhead; its about enjoying riding your bike and indulging your hobby. I take it you do not ride a motorcycle and don't get it. 

• Like 1