TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Were they ?? Or was it just they limited the entrants in each race to 60.

Yes, they have limited the entries in each class so the fast riders at the front dont come across 65 year old wobblers riding 50 mph slower than them around a blind corner.

They have stated its to stop the fast riders lapping the hobby riders. Yeah I know, shocking truth for the so called capital of road racing in the world..........

This is part of the trumpeted SMS (Safety Management System) that has gems like " supplying the correct PPE! and Proper fire fighting equipment!!!! Which is an admission that they have been doing it like a bunch of amateurs.

I really hate to think what this year will bring, I FORESEE A DEATH FEST FAR WORSE THAN EVER.

• Like 2

The only publicity I have seen so far is that McGuinness guy, 50 years old should know better, an Aussie who is not coming as he is racing elsewhere and someone I have never heard of that is excited and race ready.   Only 30 days to go, 30 more lectures on the Isle of Man Police Facebook site 🙄 .  If they did their job and stopped the idiots that do 50 mph in 20 mph estates they would be achieving something.   They caught 25 speeders at Easter and thought it was a good result…pathetic.   Today the lecture was about wearing your shorts whilst zooming around on your motorbikes, so you lot have been warned 

• Like 3

I worry it could be carnage too. They’re all out of practice, racers and visitors, so that may result in more accidents than usual. And, not strictly scientific/mathematical but plausible, TT usually results in a few deaths each year. Perhaps the ones that would have bought it in 2020 and 2021 will be here this year, and we get 3x the average fatalities?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I worry it could be carnage too. They’re all out of practice, racers and visitors, so that may result in more accidents than usual. And, not strictly scientific/mathematical but plausible, TT usually results in a few deaths each year. Perhaps the ones that would have bought it in 2020 and 2021 will be here this year, and we get 3x the average fatalities?

Some doom mongering right there, life means death at a rate of 100%, there won't be 3 times the racers, 3 times the laps or 3 times the speed 'calm down dear'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The deaths are not the problem for the  nhs, it is the multiple injuries that present the time required to treat to be the problem surely?

Nah its all the taxi drivers not picking up old Doris stuck inside the course to go home as they are far too busy ripping off Fritz and Heinz.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Does that really add to the debate?

Well you were going on about problems fro the NHS, and I rightly pointed out from past experience that taxi drivers don't bother with hospital runs to pick up those needing to discharge over TT, they bang on about being public transport unless there are foreigners to fleece.

• Like 1

The TT is one of the world’s last great gladiatorial events. The racing is safer than ever, and signs are that the police senior management have finally broken political ranks and are finally telling it as it is on the public road side.

it could be a good year. I think the numbers will be well down though, which provides more space for a hoon. Much will come down to police visibility and enforcement. 

But, as Von Moltke said, no plan survives first contact. You don’t know until it all starts rolling. Weather and luck are two big factors.

• Like 2