TT 2022 ??

Barlow

On 11/9/2021 at 6:49 PM, TomTucker said:

Birmingham Nec bike show coming up and I can’t spot the IoMG or an official TT exhibit. Unless the manx motorcycle club are running the TT again 

https://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/exhibitor/manx-motorcycle-club/

Apparently theres no IOMG presence there . Not sure what good it would do as it seems with carry over bookings and the likes where going to be rammed. I know a campsite that I have contacts with are full and trying to fit some large tents in to increase the footfall. They have many £thousands held over , protected as run by professionals, and if all goes well it will be a very popular and sucessful event. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

DOI hard at work on drainage up on the Mountain, 👍 from me for that. Also, the white lines and other markings have now been reinstated on the new surfacing from Hairpin to the Waterworks - so it looks like the Ralumac is the top coat...

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

DOI hard at work on drainage up on the Mountain, 👍 from me for that. Also, the white lines and other markings have now been reinstated on the new surfacing from Hairpin to the Waterworks - so it looks like the Ralumac is the top coat...

nope, just temporary paint.

It looks very much as if the mountain road will be closed from January onwards for long periods of time if it is going to be ready for the TT it may seem a long time away but allowing for weather, the next few months being the worst weather months of the year, they will have their work cut out to have it ready for when it is inspected, presumably a couple of months before the event.

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

It looks very much as if the mountain road will be closed from January onwards for long periods of time if it is going to be ready for the TT it may seem a long time away but allowing for weather, the next few months being the worst weather months of the year, they will have their work cut out to have it ready for when it is inspected, presumably a couple of months before the event.

Not if it's not happening it won't be. 

I cannot see how anyone with any conscience can think about putting it on without major work being done ON THE WHOLE COURSE. there's a crap ton of other roads that are in a shocking state, the Douglas sections alone need complete proper resurfacing.

Still the TT fans will enjoy watching the air ambulance fly about, the travelling marshalls speeding around and track marshalls red flags flapping in the breeze.

edit: FYI before i get called a hater and doom monger, i don't mind the TT at all, it just has to be done as safe as we can make it and IMHO it isn't even close to it.

Edited by The Chief
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Or.  No point promoting something that will be full to capacity anyway.

It is going to be rammed.  Get used to it.

I'm honestly not bothered what happens, I've got no interest in it either way. 

I'm just fairly convinced that it's not happening due to the reasons mentioned previously. 

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

at least it should cut down on the weekly crashes up there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

I'm honestly not bothered what happens, I've got no interest in it either way. 

I'm just fairly convinced that it's not happening due to the reasons mentioned previously. 

You'll have to become more than fairly convinced if you want to rival the people who definitely knew for a fact it wasn't continuing after 2007 😜 

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

Is the course that bad?

Its a genuine question by the way, I have no idea what standard the roads have to be in to run the event.

No. But then man actually did land on the moon and 9/11 wasn't really planned by the US government.

That's the thing with conspiracy theorists, they invariably don't know anything that we don't know, so they make it up to look as if they do 😀.