TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

That is faulty signage then. You can’t have different limits on the same carriageway.

The Isle of Man.  'Where You Can', or 'Freedom to F**k Up' - take your pick.

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

That is faulty signage then. You can’t have different limits on the same carriageway.

The signs are the same in both directions, 40 coming into Rhencullen and 40 after the garage as you go up the little hill toward Rhencullen. As it has been as long as I can remember.

Is there any wonder there are so may crashes here when drivers seem to pack the power of sight?

Edited by Boris Johnson

31 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The signs are the same in both directions, 40 coming into Rhencullen and 40 after the garage as you go up the little hill toward Rhencullen. As it has been as long as I can remember.

Is there any wonder there are so may crashes here when drivers seem to pack the power of sight?

It’s still posted as 30 on the sign before the garage forecourt  as you leave the village, so it’s 30 past there if you leave the village, but 40 from the other direction.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lightening McQueen said:

It’s still posted as 30 on the sign before the garage forecourt  as you leave the village, so it’s 30 past there if you leave the village, but 40 from the other direction.

The 40 signs are not near the garage they are at the top of the little hill just before the turn off to Orrisdale?

10 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

You might want to book yourself a Specsavers appointment then because It’s 30mph on two massive signs by the petrol station heading out, the same section is 40mph coming in the other direction, the original 40mph section hasn’t changed but it has been extended in one direction and not the other. As it’s two new 30mph signs nearest the garage I think it’s deliberate rather than a mistake, whether it’s legal or not is another matter I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You might want to book yourself a Specsavers appointment then because It’s 30mph on two massive signs by the petrol station heading out, the same section is 40mph coming in the other direction, the original 40mph section hasn’t changed but it has been extended in one direction and not the other. As it’s two new 30mph signs nearest the garage I think it’s deliberate rather than a mistake, whether it’s legal or not is another matter I suppose.

I will make a point of going that way sometime this week, last time I went through, about 2 weeks ago, it was as I described.

Is it just me or are there more scaffolds around the course now, and many seem to be in questionable positions. For example, verandah and greeba castle - what's the point of having airbags when you're going to get impaled by the scaffold if you bounce above it? Just seems odd to see so many on the outsides of corners and in the firing line. Never noticed this before. 

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 44 21.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 20 54.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 18 22.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 17 55.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 16 09.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 14 33.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 9 55.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Is it just me or are there more scaffolds around the course now, and many seem to be in questionable positions. For example, verandah and greeba castle - what's the point of having airbags when you're going to get impaled by the scaffold if you bounce above it? Just seems odd to see so many on the outsides of corners and in the firing line. Never noticed this before. 

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 44 21.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 20 54.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 18 22.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 17 55.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 16 09.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 14 33.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 9 55.jpeg

Don't you know the TT is safer than ever.

Other motor racing circuits are just behind the times, they tend to build things like this well away from the line of fire or out of materials not likely to impale you.

Silverstone etc, get over here quick you need some of these platforms too.......................