TT 2022 ??

Barlow

37 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Is it just me or are there more scaffolds around the course now, and many seem to be in questionable positions. For example, verandah and greeba castle - what's the point of having airbags when you're going to get impaled by the scaffold if you bounce above it? Just seems odd to see so many on the outsides of corners and in the firing line. Never noticed this before. 

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 44 21.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 20 54.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 18 22.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 17 55.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 16 09.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 14 33.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 9 55.jpeg

"They know the risks / They died doing what they loved" - TT Apologists 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

None of those structures look to be anywhere near where a bike would end up in a normal incident.

Mechanical failures etc might be different, but they all look very low risk to me

It won’t be low risk if there is an accident. Anything is possible, after all, who would have thought that a course car could be involved in an accident.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It won’t be low risk if there is an accident. Anything is possible, after all, who would have thought that a course car could be involved in an accident.

Going against the way the bikes were traveling!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Is it just me or are there more scaffolds around the course now, and many seem to be in questionable positions. For example, verandah and greeba castle - what's the point of having airbags when you're going to get impaled by the scaffold if you bounce above it? Just seems odd to see so many on the outsides of corners and in the firing line. Never noticed this before. 

But just think how dramatic the pictures will be when the camera get covered in blood and guts!  Presumably all this is to feed the live coverage on the new TT+ channel, which is going to turn the DfE into the new Netflix.  Though probably only in terms of the amount of money it loses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned the kerbs, some look like they haven’t been painted for 5+ years. There is more street furniture all over the course this year. 

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

Going against the way the bikes were traveling!!

Wasn’t exactly predicted was it? You can do all the risk assessments in the world, but who would have thought that could happen? It only takes one accident or screw up.

Edited by 2112

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But just think how dramatic the pictures will be when the camera get covered in blood and guts!  Presumably all this is to feed the live coverage on the new TT+ channel, which is going to turn the DfE into the new Netflix.  Though probably only in terms of the amount of money it loses.

Dear god, have you seen how many presenters and "analysts" there are for the free Radio TT alone?

Which MHKs stood on a platform of throwing tens of millions at this death fest?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 44 21.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 20 54.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 18 22.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 17 55.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 16 09.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 14 33.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 9 55.jpeg

Fortunately, they have had the foresight to use red so you won't see the blood.

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Most of those that you've posted appear to be flag-marshal's positions, elevated to give line-of-sight to the next, rather than spectator positions?

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

None of those structures look to be anywhere near where a bike would end up in a normal incident.

Mechanical failures etc might be different, but they all look very low risk to me

At least one is where a bike went off before. Connor would have been shish kebab had that been there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

There has never been live TV coverage and so many camera angles before.  I am sure they will have been risk assessed.

I’m sure they have been, just like the camera positions we had with North One years ago were officially signed off and many of them were dicey to say the least. Outside of the corner at Milntown, right in firing line at parliament square, and so on. Don’t get me wrong, I love the TT but past incidents have shown that it’s always worth questioning what is being done by organisers. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Most of those that you've posted appear to be flag-marshal's positions, elevated to give line-of-sight to the next, rather than spectator positions?

That was my first impression too.  And positioned towards the outside of bends to give clearer sightlines.  

But they might also be for tv camera positions as well.

And what is the current position regarding the number of marshals available?  Nobody seems to have posted on this recently.  Is everybody sworn to secrecy?

1 hour ago, Ghost Ship said:

That was my first impression too.  And positioned towards the outside of bends to give clearer sightlines.  

But they might also be for tv camera positions as well.

And what is the current position regarding the number of marshals available?  Nobody seems to have posted on this recently.  Is everybody sworn to secrecy?

But the TT is safe, well, safer than it ever has been according to the Safety Management System (SMS) 

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Yeah right,  and my uncle is my fanny's aunt

4 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

You can reduce risk, with a risk assessment. Not eliminate it.

Well whoever did the risk assessment here (Casey's) must have been aware that there have been 5 "offs" here including 2 'fatals' . Previously there was a rock strewn gulley ( initial point of impact of the 2 fatalities )adjacent to the raised curb which has been now  filled in with granite and the bank cut back.  I have  ventured to suggest on a number of occasions to the powers that be that air fencing  would minimise the risk to riders without success and as a result take the view that to continue to marshals to be complicit in failing to consider rider safety. Just saying

BD4A2EEF-C0F4-4B9E-854C-172C9B773613.jpeg

• Like 1