TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Difference being I will get there and you'll still be out there in the wilderness.

I'm already there, pal. 

Don't be worrying about me anyway.put your mind to it and you might be able to move out of Onchan. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ghost Ship said:

Well thanks for confirming that the lap record at Ulster is expressed in mph.  I didn't know that but it seems equally as daft as the TT's obsession with lap speed rather than lap time.  

I'm fairly confident that the lap record at any other circuit you care to mention will primarily be expressed in terms of time rather than speed.  I doubt very much that teams racing anywhere else in the world talk about "adding a fraction of a mph to our lap speed here" as opposed to talking about "we can shave a fraction of a second of our lap time here"

Whenever I watch MotoGP or Superbike racing or endurance car racing (I don't watch F1) I don't think I've ever once heard a commentator talk about laps in any terms other than time.  Never speed.

If you ask what the lap record is at almost every racing circuit in the world the answer you will get will naturally be expressed in minutes and seconds (or just seconds at Indianapolis) and not mph.

But thanks for confirming that they have the same meaningless obsession with lap record speeds at the Ulster as they do at the TT.  

(And yes - I know that the MR commentators do talk about differences between riders in terms of time rather than speed.  That's because time - rather than speed - is the only obvious and sensible way of doing so.  The point I was trying to make is that knowing an average lap speed is significantly less informative and less meaningful than knowing a lap time.  Which is why I don't understand the TT's - and apparently Ulster's - constant focusing on speeds rather than times.  Sorry if my not making that clear confused you... )

I speak as a local with not much interest in motorcycling but one who enjoys the TT/ MGP events, atmosphere etc call it what you will.

I have ridden the course ( in a car) but in bits, not in entirety in one go and to think that in less than the time it takes me to get from Ramsey to Douglas someone has done the whole shebang that’s impressive.

The average speed thing is obviously impressive but I can more relate to the time taken to do the whole course
Maybe a non local motorcyclist fan gets a better perception from average speed data. Horses for courses and all that

On 5/4/2022 at 10:50 AM, Amadeus said:

Is it just me or are there more scaffolds around the course now, and many seem to be in questionable positions. For example, verandah and greeba castle - what's the point of having airbags when you're going to get impaled by the scaffold if you bounce above it? Just seems odd to see so many on the outsides of corners and in the firing line. Never noticed this before. 

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 44 21.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 20 54.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 18 22.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 17 55.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 16 09.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 14 33.jpeg

TT Mountain Course Guide _ Slow Lap. All Named Corners w chapters, Milestones _ Isle of Man TT 2022 - YouTube - 9 55.jpeg

These are for the TT+ live cameras? 

As announced on the NPM there are going to be medical facilities at the grandstand for ‘physical and mental well-being’ for those living and working at the grandstand. The question being are they taxpayer funded? I have an issue, as medical services are on their arse, people can’t access mental health services, whilst bikers and TT teams etc can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

It's a curious turn of phrase. 

It is a bit - you'd normally say "staying" or similar.  But the whole thing reads very oddly (usually the sign of a pasted in press release though I can't find the original).  I'm not sure why those in the immediate grandstand area are entitled to special medical attention at a time when everyone else has it restricted, nor is it clear what such attention would consist of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

...nor is it clear what such attention would consist of.

Probably a physiotherapist to deal with bikers' sore arms after riding a few laps, which has been happening for years I believe.  There might be a GP type service too - there are several medics that come over for TT scattered round the course during racing.  These are unconnected with DHSC/Manx Care arrangements at the hospital.  Mental Health? Anyone's guess, but I doubt it'll detract from usual Manx Care services.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Probably a physiotherapist to deal with bikers' sore arms after riding a few laps, which has been happening for years I believe.  There might be a GP type service too - there are several medics that come over for TT scattered round the course during racing.  These are unconnected with DHSC/Manx Care arrangements at the hospital.  Mental Health? Anyone's guess, but I doubt it'll detract from usual Manx Care services.

Hopefully it's 100% independent of Manx Care. 

Manx Care have enough challenges to overcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Hope you never get involved in an accident in UK requiring hospital care...

That's a strangely specific thought...

Manx Care need to concentrate on getting waiting lists down, losing unnecessary layers of management and improving the general situation. 

All TT medical cover should be privately provided so we can see it on the TT P&L accounts.