TT 2022 ??

Barlow

29 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Not a chance it will be called off and the boys are nearly all at the North West this week getting back into the swing of things.

Its going to be an awesome event, so go and do your stirring and start your silly rumours somewhere else.

Lol. Nothing silly about it. It's a straight question. 

I see all the big solar panels going up around the course on top of tall scaffold tubes.

They must be the new positions of the web cams?

I don't know how long they will last as I saw some DOI bods putting in the concrete bases with just a couple of bags of PostCrete stuff like you get at B&Q which does not seem like enough to me from a simple engineering point of view, the wind loading alone on those huge solar panels must be immense.

I am sure they ran it past a structural engineer though so all will be well.

It is not like if one fell over it could do any damage.............

ETA. The poles these huge solar panels are mounted on are far thinner than normal road sign posts, they do look like scaffold poles. It is really just an accident waiting to happen and for things to be learned from it as they do

Edited by Boris Johnson

4 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Numbers will be fine.

Elective procedures will be halted in a couple of weeks and beds freed as they always are.

TT won’t be cancelled so either go out and enjoy it or stay at home for a couple of weeks.  Even better, the event is a plus for those who don’t like it as they can fully fund a holiday while it’s on by renting their houses out.

Everyone is a winner.

You do know they have already said racing will only go ahead each day after a discussion with Nobles? And only when Nobles say they have capacity?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

You do know they have already said racing will only go ahead each day after a discussion with Nobles? And only when Nobles say they have capacity?

Please don't let inconvenient truths get in the way of the TT fans and their excitement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It’s second hand I do so might not be accurate but I heard some of these were a new way of throwing a full course red flag automatically.

Might be wrong, but whatever they are for I can’t see any issue with them.

As an aside the scaffolding the @Amadeusincorrectly stated was where Connor went off in 2010 now has loads of barriers in front of it, proving its pretty pointless commenting on works that are still being completed.

There was talk of electronic flags at certain points. Not sure if it was ever signed off but it was the intent for 2022. A sensible technological addition to the course. But it will only supplement the marshals and flag marshals. Not replace anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It’s second hand I do so might not be accurate but I heard some of these were a new way of throwing a full course red flag automatically.

As an aside the scaffolding the @Amadeusincorrectly stated was where Connor went off in 2010 now has loads of barriers in front of it, proving its pretty pointless commenting on works that are still being completed.

There was talk of electronic flags at certain points. Not sure if it was ever signed off but it was the intent for 2022. A sensible technological addition to the course. But it will only supplement the marshals and flag marshals. Not replace anyone. 

3 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

What these things do is not the issue or a problem.

The fact that they are very large solar panels on the top of very long scaffold poles founded in dubious ground with un designed foundations IS A PROBLEM............................

5 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It’s not that black and white.

So many people benefit financially and emotionally from the event that you have to look at the bigger picture.

I and most people I know are really looking forward to it.  Time booked off work and a bit of a boost to the mental health by seeing the place buzzing and having a great time.

Sometimes you need to look at the pleasure people get out of things rather than just focusing on the negatives.  I doubt a two week delay on elective surgery is going to have that big an impact on peoples lives after the last couple of years.  Anything emergency will still get dealt with, possibly even better than usual if people get shipped to the uK rather than treated at Nobles.

If that is your way of looking at it can I suggest the following.........

shiny-key-against-white-background-drawi

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

But as usual IOM public lose out at Nobles. Cut backs in treatment for a fortnight after over two years of cutbacks. Bad an illogical. The public come first IMO

Unfortunately the island is so obsessed to have a TT, and is so reliant on the business, that yours and others concerns will be drowned out. Only when someone is seriously ill due to negligent mismanagement of a persons medical situation, that when someone kicks up a stink, then watch the waiting lists initiative go into hyperdrive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I see all the big solar panels going up around the course on top of tall scaffold tubes.

They must be the new positions of the web cams?

I don't know how long they will last as I saw some DOI bods putting in the concrete bases with just a couple of bags of PostCrete stuff like you get at B&Q which does not seem like enough to me from a simple engineering point of view, the wind loading alone on those huge solar panels must be immense.

I am sure they ran it past a structural engineer though so all will be well.

It is not like if one fell over it could do any damage.............

ETA. The poles these huge solar panels are mounted on are far thinner than normal road sign posts, they do look like scaffold poles. It is really just an accident waiting to happen and for things to be learned from it as they do

Those are Daffy's £43 million pounds worth of renewables!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Loads of barriers in front of it? I cant see what is wrong with that 🙂 Sound good if you are a TT, They died doing what they wanted,  fan of this type of really messy, blood and gore, death.

The entire 37 and a bit miles of the course are a prime example of a half assed amateur attempt to implement safety.

If I tried something similar in my previous line of work I would have been both sacked and told never to darken the doors of my client again.

The SMS that is trying to be introduced as a big thing is a fucking joke. Boxes full of fire extinguishers are not stopping people walking into the course or animals, see at least 2 deaths in Ballaugh alone plus 2 life changing injury's in the same 500 yds..

The TT is  a throw back to the 50s when the WW2 demobbed men needed a buzz. It is now just indefensible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

The TT is  a throw back to the 50s when the WW2 demobbed men needed a buzz. It is now just indefensible.

Ah, so it was ok after the slaughter of two world wars, so how come it's not now? Maybe we need another world war to sort everyone out again?