TT 2022 ??

Barlow

15 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

now has loads of barriers in front of it, proving its pretty pointless commenting on works that are still being completed

The error of their ways were highlighted and now they're fixing it. Good.

12 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

So many people benefit financially and emotionally from the event that you have to look at the bigger picture.

Blood money. 

1 hour ago, Youaintseenme said:

Confirmed on dOI page this morning as electronic red flags.  Some installed, some still going out.

Another addition this year to reduce the risks and make the event safer

I'd like to see air fencing installed at Casey's to reduce the risk for riders ( 5 "offs" including 2 'fatals' while I have marshalled there since 2009) , just wondering how many more deaths there needs to be before the CoC /TTMA/Motorsport team do anything ?  If , god forbid there is another fatality then IMO the individuals referred to should all be facing a manslaughter charge.

I will now not be marshalling as the ACU's code of practice requires me to endorse/adopt and applaud all of the acts and omissions of the CoC/TTMA ltd/Motorsport team............ And I just haven't  (to remain silent is IMO to be complicit ).

• Like 8

8 hours ago, paswt said:

I'd like to see air fencing installed at Casey's to reduce the risk for riders ( 5 "offs" including 2 'fatals' while I have marshalled there since 2009) , just wondering how many more deaths there needs to be before the CoC /TTMA/Motorsport team do anything ?  If , god forbid there is another fatality then IMO the individuals referred to should all be facing a manslaughter charge.

I will now not be marshalling as the ACU's code of practice requires me to endorse/adopt and applaud all of the acts and omissions of the CoC/TTMA ltd/Motorsport team............ And I just haven't  (to remain silent is IMO to be complicit ).

It's good that marshalls are paying attention to the small print. 

I wouldn't like to be in a marshalls shoes after a multiple fatality incident... the lawyers would be all over you and you could be personally liable.

25 minutes ago, Lightening McQueen said:

I see they're still advertising drop in sign on sessions for marshalls, I was under the impression (from reading press/social media over the past few months) we had more than enough?

I didnt believe they had then and for sure don't now. Time will tell and its not long till we find out. See also the other TT issue I've been going on about is shortage of staff for hospitality etc. Notice licensed victualers and many others are starting to panic as well they might. The 1886 operation along with Busheys and Track side mean that the Airport advertising for staff and paying £10 ish havent a hope. H and B , good luck and no sympathy. One thing is if you have a great work ethic you can make loads over TT. If I was younger and more able I'd be there for sure.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Confirmed on dOI page this morning as electronic red flags.  Some installed, some still going out.

Another addition this year to reduce the risks and make the event safer

How does it make it safer? If a red flag is showing, an incident has already occurred..How is that safer. 
anyway Hold the front page TT safer because of red lights…let’s try and forget the 37miles of stone walls… 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

How does it make it safer? If a red flag is showing, an incident has already occurred..How is that safer. 
anyway Hold the front page TT safer because of red lights…let’s try and forget the 37miles of stone walls… 

I wonder who has signed off the digital flags, have they been tested at 180mph to see how visible they are? surely riders will be solely focused on the road and not looking half way up a pole on the wrong side of a corner? It’s a bit like those German ‘keep left’ signs they stick up every year on the left hand side of the road, why aren’t they on the right hand side so they face the wrong direction of travel they’re trying to prevent?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I take it you have never watched f1 or MotoGP or Indy car?

Nope, I’ve never seen digital flags on any road racing circuit, hence why I’m asking so many questions, who’s decided where they will be placed or the height they will be placed? will they be utilising existing street furniture or will this be 30+ new poles going up? 

8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I wonder who has signed off the digital flags, have they been tested at 180mph to see how visible they are? surely riders will be solely focused on the road and not looking half way up a pole on the wrong side of a corner? It’s a bit like those German ‘keep left’ signs they stick up every year on the left hand side of the road, why aren’t they on the right hand side so they face the wrong direction of travel they’re trying to prevent?

Danke Mavis.

9 hours ago, Lightening McQueen said:

I see they're still advertising drop in sign on sessions for marshalls, I was under the impression (from reading press/social media over the past few months) we had more than enough?

at least they won't be taking it in turns to do shifts at the bar in the QB this year.

8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Nope, I’ve never seen digital flags on any road racing circuit, hence why I’m asking so many questions, who’s decided where they will be placed or the height they will be placed? will they be utilising existing street furniture or will this be 30+ new poles going up? 

This safety measure has indeed made another 30 steel posts available for riders to end their lives against.

I am also not convinced they are that well fixed in the ground either due to their height and huge sail of a solar panel on top. lets hope for low winds.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0bserver said:

It's good that marshalls are paying attention to the small print. 

I wouldn't like to be in a marshalls shoes after a multiple fatality incident... the lawyers would be all over you and you could be personally liable.

The decision in relation to the number of marshals at any point was determined by Race Control ( Black Hut 3 marshals and at Casey's 2 marshals  were deemed adequate ) . 

Subsequently Race Control stated that the decision on manning was a joint decision by the DSM at every point and Race control . 

Initially nobody was prepared to accept responsibility of being a DSM at Black Hut /Casey's as there was no liaison with the marshals and racing continued with the previous 'adequate numbers' , and for a number of years we had no DSM at both points.

It is not unreasonable to assert that in the event of an incident involving a fatality an advocate could state that the point was demonstrably undermanned and had the DSM advised Race Control then the race/practice would not have gone ahead and an individual would not have died , and the DSM was therefore culpable.

I remember a CSM was arrested on a manslaughter charge a number of years ago. The case was not pursued as it was a case of 'passing the parcel of blame' based on no evidence whatsoever (  so nothing new there 😉)

One could be forgiven for thinking that those in charge , many of whom are ex military, take the view that the marshals should 'just do as they are told and shut up'  as stated in the ACU's "code of practice" ( referred to when the CSM , sector 10 was sacked). 

Just saying:flowers:

• Thanks 1

At least the TT crowd at the grandstand will enjoy a free pee before the miserly Douglas Town Council start charging rate payers 20p to relieve themselves.   It isn’t the 20p that is the problem it is having the requisite coin when money seems to be going out of fashion perhaps they could have a smart app machine fitted to the toilet doors…….this council is the worst in living memory.