TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

At least the TT crowd at the grandstand will enjoy a free pee before the miserly Douglas Town Council start charging rate payers 20p to relieve themselves.   It isn’t the 20p that is the problem it is having the requisite coin when money seems to be going out of fashion perhaps they could have a smart app machine fitted to the toilet doors…….this council is the worst in living memory.

Or just install CCTV?  If the place gets damaged, roll through last night's video to find the scotes who did it!

• Like 2

He reckoned that it as kids, after school was out etc.   So if the water sprinkler is on after 3.30 pm as it usually is the toilets I’ll be open and free just when they reckon the vandalism takes place…….I tell you …you really cannot follow their warped thinking 🤔.

3 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I honestly don’t know where they are going to find staff, or if government are doing anything to help?  You can’t even bring people in as there is nowhere for them to stay!

There are plenty of people in Govt doing fuck all that I'm sure could be re-deployed. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gizo said:

How does it make it safer? If a red flag is showing, an incident has already occurred..How is that safer. 
anyway Hold the front page TT safer because of red lights…let’s try and forget the 37miles of stone walls… 

If a serious incident occurs, the racing needs to stop immediately for the safety of all competitors, marshals, spectators and emergency services. There could be marshals and medics on the track attending to both riders and debris. There may well be the need to get emergency vehicles onto the course. A red flag can’t stop the initial incident from happening, obviously, but stopping everyone immediately could prevent the incident becoming much more serious when a rider barrels into an unforeseen situation at 200mph.  

Edited by Itsmeee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

perhaps they could have a smart app machine fitted to the toilet doors

They could use the DOI Parking app so you could pre-pay your pee-pay. Use the old 1980s Nobles Park cottaging cams but equip them with APR (automatic parts recognition) tech. To register you have to send a picture of your herman gelmet to the newly created Department for Identifying Coochies and Knobs. As the name suggests, the scheme is unisex and ladies should send in a flap snap (wide angle for Peel girls obvs).

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

If a serious incident occurs, the racing needs to stop immediately for the safety of all competitors, marshals, spectators and emergency services. There could be marshals and medics on the track attending to both riders and debris. There may well be the need to get emergency vehicles onto the course. A red flag can’t stop the initial incident from happening, obviously, but stopping everyone immediately could prevent the incident becoming much more serious when a rider barrels into an unforeseen situation at 200mph.  

I would agree that the safety of the riders/marshals is the priority.

I was reliably informed by a fellow marshal who attended an "incident management course" that when the the red button (on the tetra radio) is pressed Race control will not respond for 20 seconds , allegedly so the marshals can assess the situation and certain the identity of the rider etc in order to " fully appraise Race Control".

This is all very well but when you are dealing with 3riders and bikes down/in the road  an immediate red flag is the answer . When the radio is in a dead spot on the course and one has to resort to using the radio in the marshals hut the only sensible thing to do was  to stop  all the bikes and advise the riders that the session has been red flagged , so that's what I/we did ( we had about 20+ bikes stopped  in the road before confirmation of the red flag ) .

Frankly I cannot see any advantage in changing the old 'red flag' system , it worked and the money could have been better spent .

FWIW on one occasion practice continued after we had a 2 bike incident . I was on the roadside ( on my knees ) looking after David Linsdell for over an hour  while the Airmed doc dithered and couldn't make his mind up who     ( David or Bernie Wright (sp?) ) should be taken to Nobles first while the bikes were still zipping through on waved yellows. By the time the riders were despatched both were showing the signs of  hypothermia ( hardly surprising as it was raining and one rider  had had his leathers removed) .

The previous system that dictated that injured riders should be in Nobles within 15 minutes of the incident  was preferable (IMO)  but the self appointed experts are not   interested in the views of those at the sharp end and see their role as issuing instructions ( without question ) to those they regard as their intellectual inferiors .:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

This safety measure has indeed made another 30 steel posts available for riders to end their lives against.

I am also not convinced they are that well fixed in the ground either due to their height and huge sail of a solar panel on top. lets hope for low winds.

Why is there never an effort made to reduce clutter/street furniture? I saw one of those solar thingies today and noticed it was on the exit of the corner, directly in the firing line....... why!?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Why is there never an effort made to reduce clutter/street furniture? I saw one of those solar thingies today and noticed it was on the exit of the corner, directly in the firing line....... why!?

It's a road race. That's the thing. 

1 hour ago, Youaintseenme said:

If you think there is one right in the firing line then I would respectfully suggest that you don’t have a clue what you are talking about!

Where is the supposed additional hazard so I can go and have a look?  Is it similar to the one Amadeus was complains about that is nowhere near the firing line and which has been there exactly as it is now for previous TTs on the veranda?

I’ll try and get a still from the dash cam, it’s in a prohibited/no spectator area right on the exit/racing line of a corner.

7 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

i heard ( not sure if accurate ) that they are for electronic flag boards  like they use if F1 so they need to be in the riders natural sight line , bit of a catch 22 as they would appear to be reducing safety for the sake of improving safety?????

Edited by WTF