TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

There had been a fatality and police needed to attend. 

So are you saying that this is bollocks then?

3 hours ago, paswt said:

The official car , with 2 policemen on board were apparently going to the scene of an incident where only one rider had been involved ( and therefore had no reason to attend,

41 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Under normal circumstances it's correct, but it depends on what has happened and what has been reported. There are occasions where they need witness statements and there was probably an opportunity to get them.   

I don't quite understand how sticking up posters making anonymous allegations about what Gary Thompson may or may not believe helps anyone.  In particular I don't see how it helps the marshals whom the allegations say he blames.

3 hours ago, paswt said:

...In relation to the "flyers" being posted around the course I would have thought that a statement from Mr Thompson  confirming or rejecting the contents would have been an idea  .

Just saying :flowers:

Surely the only sensible course of action would be for him to ignore what looks like crude and ill-considered provocation?

AIUI the ACU has accepted liability for the accident based on the investigation into it that they commissioned.  I wouldn't be surprised if everybody who was involved in that investigation did so on the basis that it would remain confidential and that individuals would not be publically identified or blamed - otherwise it might have been very difficult to get everybody to cooperate with it.

So far as I know, GT has not said that he blames the marshals so he can't really be expected to answer any questions that appear to be designed to circumvent any confidentiality restrictions relating to the investigation into the accident.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I recall Derek Flint stating earlier in this thread that the police were required to attend ASAP as representatives of the coroner. 

Subsequent posters questioned whether this was correct and whether the police had always attended TT fatalities with such urgency.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I'm surprised there's such difference of opinion among those who are or have been involved in the running of the races on what I would have thought fundamental procedural points. 

The TT is just amateur hour when you boil it down. There's a few very highly paid civil servants. Lots of taxpayers cash, but (like everything) zero accountability. 

At the end of the day somebody fucked up (badly) and should carry the can for what happened. They should also never be involved in the TT again.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

At the end of the day somebody fucked up (badly) and should carry the can for what happened. They should also never be involved in the TT again.

That doesn't sound very fair to single anyone out to carry the can. Everyone involved in organising the event is equally to blame, like they will be when the next 'freak accident' occurs. 

29 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

I'm surprised there's such difference of opinion among those who are or have been involved in the running of the races on what I would have thought fundamental procedural points. 

I don’t think there’s any difference of opinion. 

13 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The TT is just amateur hour when you boil it down. There's a few very highly paid civil servants. Lots of taxpayers cash, but (like everything) zero accountability. 

As usual a very simplistic opinion, which is why you wouldn’t ever be asked for it in a professional capacity. You know nothing at all about the organisation, which is why you shout your opinions from the sidelines.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Max Power said:

As usual a very simplistic opinion, which is why you wouldn’t ever be asked for it in a professional capacity. You know nothing at all about the organisation, which is why you shout your opinions from the sidelines.

I may not know much about the organisation of it, but I know enough to know that it's an amateur operation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

That sounds like IOMG all over, except its £mmms of taxpayers. Lots of fuck ups within IOMG, promotions all round and zero accountability ……… and that’s with the politicians before you talk about the civil servants.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

That sounds like IOMG all over, except its £mmms of taxpayers. Lots of fuck ups within IOMG, promotions all round and zero accountability ……… and that’s with the politicians before you talk about the civil servants.

Exactly. And like the rest of IOMG those within the tent will circle the wagons at any criticism.

• Like 3