TT 2022 ??

Barlow

12 hours ago, WTF said:

in the past there were 600 marshals but only 50 were fully trained,  now we only have 300 marshals but 150 are fully trained ,

something like that ???

Dates and links then.. or are you talking about 1911..? 

I've been fully trained on IMC courses and have stood with over 300 fully trained before covid. 50 !? Cunt !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister has been interviewed by Paul Moulton, bigging up the TT, talking about how the scoreboard was taken down due to Health and Safety issues. Apparently, former Minister Skelly prior to Covid had big plans for the grandstand, with plans to spend £40-50 million on a new grandstand and associated facilities. Covid spoilt the plans. If we can spend £70million and rising on a ferry terminal in Liverpool, by the time Rob Callister and others have pleaded and wished for a new grandstand, I could see a £100 million white elephant, with a scoreboard that won’t work. 

He's out of the traps quickly in the Bullshit Stakes, as predicted. That old scoreboard would have served up to and including this year's TT quite adequately if it hadn't been taken down in anticipation of the purchase of some shiny new gimmick being approved by Treasury without an adequate business case.

Which it wasn't. Which is why we are where we are.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Which is why we are where we are.

Which is in a better place if you ask me. It looks way better up there without that manky old scoreboard up year round. They should get shot of those pig ugly mobiles stacked on each other too. It spoils the cemetery which is really rather attractive. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Which is in a better place if you ask me. It looks way better up there without that manky old scoreboard up year round. They should get shot of those pig ugly mobiles stacked on each other too. It spoils the cemetery which is really rather attractive. 

Why do they even have those cabins? They should be moved behind the Grandstand. Put all the race clutter shit in one place. 

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Why do they even have those cabins? They should be moved behind the Grandstand. Put all the race clutter shit in one place. 

Timekeepers hit. There was PP for a new one.

the Grandstand should look ‘race ready’ all year. Drove through last weekend with Porsche Club visitors and it wasn’t worth stopping for a photo opportunity 

But anyway, 

4 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

the Grandstand should look ‘race ready’ all year. 

No it shouldn't. It's an eyesore. 

6 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Drove through last weekend with Porsche Club visitors and it wasn’t worth stopping for a photo opportunity 

Err, the grandstand is still there with all those hideous fuel stands. There's usually a load of wreaths hanging off them too, you know for that year round authenticity. 

16 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

One would be the timekeepers box and the other time auditors. They would physically spot through binoculars the bikes as they came out of the dip . And then record as they crossed the line . Used to work in there back in the day when in the scouts. Arthur Quinney and Geoff Karran being two of the people in there. Good gig as we were spoiled for pies , cakes and sandwiches and bottles of pop while the scouts on the boards just got a lunch bag. Not sure whats happened in there in recent years with transponders etc. I was in there in mid 60's lol yeah I'm old lol 

Edited by Numbnuts

24 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Timekeepers hit. There was PP for a new one.

the Grandstand should look ‘race ready’ all year. Drove through last weekend with Porsche Club visitors and it wasn’t worth stopping for a photo opportunity 

They can just replace them with a webcam surely?

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

He's out of the traps quickly in the Bullshit Stakes, as predicted. That old scoreboard would have served up to and including this year's TT quite adequately if it hadn't been taken down in anticipation of the purchase of some shiny new gimmick being approved by Treasury without an adequate business case.

Which it wasn't. Which is why we are where we are.

From a Health & Safety perspective, it always struck me as a bit counterintuitive allowing young Scouts etc to be in such close proximity to the course during racing, on one of its fastest sections.  Does this happen at motor racing events elsewhere?  In the event of an accident, involving personnel manning the Grandstand scoreboards, I can just imagine the incredulity expressed by the world's media at the race organisers permitting this state of affairs.  

• Like 1