TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

How much is this going to cost the GMT on top of Manx Radio's million pound bailout?

I’m sure Rob Callister will be on IOMTV for another cosy chat with Paul Moulton, spinning the IOMG bullshit line. Unless there are millions of subscribers/pay per viewers @ £14.99? So far IOMG haven’t got a good track record at commercial ventures, and above all else, it’s underwritten by the GMT!

1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

From a Health & Safety perspective, it always struck me as a bit counterintuitive allowing young Scouts etc to be in such close proximity to the course during racing, on one of its fastest sections.  Does this happen at motor racing events elsewhere?  In the event of an accident, involving personnel manning the Grandstand scoreboards, I can just imagine the incredulity expressed by the world's media at the race organisers permitting this state of affairs.  

They are still being involved, old scoreboard and new scoreboard. They love tradition for traditions sake, but weren’t into H&S in the first place, that’s an excuse to hide behind. 

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The old scoreboard would have lasted fora good bit longer if it had been looked after, it used  be checked over and repaired and painted if necessary every year.

Common sense doesn’t apply to IOMG, and least of all Rob Callister, who like the Coop is good with money …………….. spending taxpayers money …………. and not very wisely either. 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

If you're a tourist over for the tt with a uk sim that will use your data (probably not much but at roaming prices...) whereas the fm radio on your phone would be free.

UK sims roam freely on the Island at no extra cost. I have one and use it all the time here. There is no reciprocal arrangement when we go to the UK with a MT phone .

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Every phone I've owned for the last 20 years has. You have to use wired headphone for the ariel though.

Correct. FM only though. It's a tiny chip which has been around for about 20 years as you say. Needs an app to control it. Usually built in. 

I have subsequently been advised that apple don't put the chips in iPhone anymore. So just good old android phones have these chips. 

Edited by Happier diner

12 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

But anyway, 

No it shouldn't. It's an eyesore. 

Err, the grandstand is still there with all those hideous fuel stands. There's usually a load of wreaths hanging off them too, you know for that year round authenticity. 

I meant with the advertising hoardings etc. without it I agree it is an eyesore

• Like 1

Why didn't they just move the traditional scoreboard into the 'fanpark' and let the scouts do their thing in relative safety, keeps up the heritage and is a draw for visitors who can't afford the stupid grandstand prices or can't get a view on Noble's park for all the fenced off corporate viewing.

Allowing corporate entities to restrict access on a 'public' park paid for out of our taxation and rates should not be allowed IMHO.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Why didn't they just move the traditional scoreboard into the 'fanpark' and let the scouts do their thing in relative safety, keeps up the heritage and is a draw for visitors who can't afford the stupid grandstand prices or can't get a view on Noble's park for all the fenced off corporate viewing.

Because the traditional scoreboard was destroyed (though MNH kept a bit and I believe some fans may have been able to grab some souvenirs).  The idea was to force the Treasury to give them whatever new toy they demanded.  Amazingly for once the Treasury stood up to them and the TT mafia and Callister have been whinging ever since.

• Like 1