TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Why are Manx Radio pushing ahead with 'TT Radio' when DfE are paying top dollar for the livestreaming service? 

If the TT is as popular as people claim then they'll have no issue paying for the livestream which renders 'TT Radio' useless.

It would be interesting to know how many have signed up to the new livestream service so far.

43 minutes ago, De nada said:

i had a little chuckle at this one, i notice they are very clear that they are talking about the TT organisation not the TT as a whole, some bikes that came off the ferry with us the other day were belching out enough emissions to need to plant trees over a third of the island just to offset them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, De nada said:

It appears they just bought a load of Carbon Credits to claim the TT is now neutral!

They could have at least attempted to plant a token TTree somewhere in alignment with the rest of our green policies. 

1 European Carbon Credit is currently going for about €80.

At the risk of oversimplifying this, they've just bought €400K of Credits. 

Was €90 a week ago and €60 just after the Ukraine invasion started, so fairly volatile.  Odds on they bought at a high based on my recollection of a serious FX/forward screw-up for the Runway extension. 

• Like 1

So reading between the lines essentially DfE by "partnering with Isle of Man based Pozitive Group"  have given them a load of cash to enable them to offset expected emissions, so DfE can market TT as carbon neutral and get a nice warm fuzzy feeling that they're doing the right thing??

questions: a) How much? b) whose mates are involved in Pozitive Group? c) exactly how are our carbons offset?

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

So reading between the lines essentially DfE by "partnering with Isle of Man based Pozitive Group"  have given them a load of cash to enable them to offset expected emissions, so DfE can market TT as carbon neutral and get a nice warm fuzzy feeling that they're doing the right thing??

questions: a) How much? b) whose mates are involved in Pozitive Group? c) exactly how are our carbons offset?

More hidden costs of TT.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

exactly how are our carbons offset?

Assuming they've just bought credits, they are 'offset' by someone else. 

Full layman dumbdown (so I understand it)

If you're a company that reduces it's pollution significantly you can claim Credits from the World Bank.

Other actual 'green' projects can also claim them by ensuring the stopping of deforestation or protecting a natural area.  These Credits are usually a bit more valuable. 

They can then be sold.  Usually to companies that go over their polluting allowance. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Presumably for those who don’t want to pay for a premium service & just want to listen on their radio in car or garden 

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

But it's the greatest show on earth. People will be willing to pay top dollar!

I used to follow the races through Manx Radio, the live timing app on the TT website and the live threads on here. 

I doubt I'm going to pay £15 or whatever to follow it live on the new live streaming service, and I'll be relying on Manx Radio and racing threads on here to follow the races.

If the Manx Radio commentary ceases, I suspect I'll just stop following the TT live.  (Although I'll probably continue watching the evening highlights on ITV4 if that continues).

My main sporting interests in terms of following on TV used to be cricket and golf.  Once cricket was lost to terrestial TV I stopped watching it and I can't remember the last time I watched cricket on TV - even nightly highlights.  So I haven't watched cricket for nearly 20 years.  I still play golf but haven't watched it on TV since it disappeared from terrestial.  I haven't missed either of them.  If I end up having to pay to follow the TT, I suspect I won't miss following it either...

• Like 3