TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

The article suggests that the company are funding it themselves? Or did I misread it?

Even Jo Cox at Manx gas backtracked on their carbon offsetting nonsense.

I expect an FOI into the contract award and cost will be submitted fairly quickly

The article is carefully written. Why on earth would the company offset the TT carbons if it wasn't being paid to do so? 

Total waste of money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really hope not, this is what bugs me about the 42 million it does not have any specific funding role, it could be used for all number of stupid purposes in fact I would wager that there is no longer 42 million in the pot.    We all know how quickly money can be spent, a bit here, small purchase there an so on and when you add up what you have spent it is surprising to say the least I do hope it does not get chipped away at until it is no more and nothing concrete to show for it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

After the doi shut the mountain for 6 weeks,  today they have started a new road at the bungalow,  to give victory caff access during racing. Rush job with vehicles crossing tram lines without lights ect. 

They certainly don't seem to have planning permission for that... 

Bungalow (Laxey Valley) Webcam

Bungalow (A18 South) Webcam

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

"A new partnership will see this year's TT emissions offset, with the gov saying it won't cost taxpayers a penny"

Thats where the Liverpool fiasco started ! 

This is a total load of bollocks. They're only offsetting the fuel used while racing - what about the vans, support vehicles? What about offsetting fuel used by visitors?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

This is a total load of bollocks. They're only offsetting the fuel used while racing - what about the vans, support vehicles? What about offsetting fuel used by visitors?

nobody cares

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

The next generation care, they wouldn't mind having an inhabitable planet, not one destroyed by petrol heads.

why do we have so many young people wanting to take up motorsports then ?