TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Just now, quilp said:

Who cares? 

Well I do as he was blocking a pavement which is an offence, plus why put that on the car when you are not on duty, its almost like they think it gives special powers, which of course they do when they actually apply but outside TT its just some taxi driver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

So tonight I passed a parked car on a pavement, you know the sort of total twat the police were all over a few weeks ago.

This guy had one of those really cheap magnetic door adverts telling all the world that he was a 'Chief Sector Marshal' I thought TT started next week, why would he have that on the car this week? 

I saw one the other day too, parked up somewhere, I can't remember where, and thought much the same as you at the time.  Might be being a tad unfair, but probably the type who will still have it on their car come the end of June, because they absent-mindedly forget to remove it.  

Reminded me of a young police officer who once lived in my neighbourhood, who for about 6 months hung their work hi-viz bib, complete with police shoulder numbers, over the back of their driver's seat, for all the world to see. 

They're harmless hopefully - just simply reminding us mere mortals how important they are, lest we forget or don't realise.  

Mate of mine in the UK leaves his sons flat police cap, complete with the reflective chequered band and shiny badge, bought in Woolworth's toy department for £1.99 years before, on the parcel-shelf (accompanied by the plastic truncheon and handcuffs but he got pulled for that though the hat remained strategically placed!). Discovered its usefulness completely by accident one night when he noticed that the speeders, the tailgaters and full-beamers would slow down, drop back and remember to dip the lights. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

RTC on the coast road this morning.

No other details. 

Hopefully everyone is ok. 

I drove past just after a head on collision at the ramsey hairpin and thought it was an odd place for a crash, surely its one of the slowest corners on the island?

Interestingly on the mountain we now have more signs than the rest of the island combined.  Do we really need the same signage 5 meters apart? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Hopefully everyone is ok. 

I drove past just after a head on collision at the ramsey hairpin and thought it was an odd place for a crash, surely its one of the slowest corners on the island? 

What type of vehicles were involved?

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

More navel gazing nonsense.

You can’t have carbon neutral and big motorcycles racing and thousands of bikes visiting, all spewing emissions. Either we want visitors spending or we should abolish the TT to keep the climate change lobby happy. Tough choices. 

52 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

No bikes involved in the one at the hairpin earlier in the week.  

Well my reason for asking is my first thought was perhaps a HGV or something with a long wheel base might be involved? They have to swing quite wide and often into the opposite carriageway. That said large cars/vans also seem to treat white lines as guidelines and will often be right on or over the white line on tight corners.

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

That said large cars/vans also seem to treat white lines as guidelines and will often be right on or over the white line on tight corners.

That's a behaviour that's been growing on the island's roads for a while now and it's not exclusive to TT either. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

That's a behaviour that's been growing on the island's roads for a while now and it's not exclusive to TT either. 

I’ve got one from last week that I’m still in two minds to report, half their car over the white line on a completely blind corner at 40mph, the reason I don’t report anything is I don’t want people prosecuted just educated (perhaps played the video back to them so they see how dangerous it potentially is) but there doesn’t seem to be the facility to do that, if you aren’t pushing for prosecution the Police aren’t interested.

• Like 2