TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

What a load of bullshit and quite frankly playing to the gallery. We are in the middle of a cost of living crisis, we need every penny we can get and more costs are heaped on the GMP. Climate change whilst it has its place, needs to be slowed down, and where necessary should take a back seat. 

From a government that had its fill with zero emissions bikes (bear in mind that IOMG is involved in the running of the races in partnership with the ACU, so IOMG must have been involved in the decision to scrap the class). Hydrogen powered bikes, not much of a race is it over one lap. It’s a novelty, something for the navel gazers, and the green lobby. It should have been promoted properly as a class, increase the race distance and increase prize money. 

He's paying lip service to sustainability - raising visitor numbers to 500k pa isn't sustainable tourism

• Like 1

Well yes, frivolous long distance air travel isn't really necessary when you can see just about everything on Streetview or Google Earth

Still there's something to be said for a shortish sea journey and observing cultures & habitats new to you, it's good for the soul

27 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

There is a roads policing unit with separate cars and officers. 

Nothing like it used to be, that's the point. when did you last see a dedicated roads patrol car? I certainly haven't seen one for years. Expect I will over TT but that is different.

24 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Well yes, frivolous long distance air travel isn't really necessary when you can see just about everything on Streetview or Google Earth

Still there's something to be said for a shortish sea journey and observing cultures & habitats new to you, it's good for the soul

I'm not against tourism and travel. I enjoy a good far flung holiday as much as anyone else. 

I just think DfE are massive hypocrites by pretending tourism here can be green... they won't even publish the carbon footprint of the IOMSPC vessels.

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

I'm not against tourism and travel. I enjoy a good far flung holiday as much as anyone else. 

I just think DfE are massive hypocrites by pretending tourism here can be green... they won't even publish the carbon footprint of the IOMSPC vessels.

They wont even publish how toxic the air is here on non windy days either.

Trust me, it is as bad, if not worse than any big city in the UK.

WE DONT HAVE VEHICLE EMISSION TESTING SO WHAT THE FUCK DO THE MHKs THINK WILL BE THE OUTCOME OF THAT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

WE DONT HAVE VEHICLE EMISSION TESTING SO WHAT THE FUCK DO THE MHKs THINK WILL BE THE OUTCOME OF THAT?

Well we failed the air quality standards when they last did testing, so as a result they stopped testing and you’ll see very little mention about it, feel free to raise it with your MHK but expect it to fall on deaf ears.

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

There is a roads policing unit with separate cars and officers. 

I'm sure that is the stated position but the proof is in the pudding. I can re-call in the recent past that the traffic police were disbanded or altered and general officers were used for road incidents. I cannot remember the actual vehicles that they had but I know that they had some potent cars with special tyres and dedicated traffic officers.

As I say, I do not see special traffic cars and officers any more whatever the force says and a readily recognisable traffic force really does alter road manners for the better therefore actually saving money which would have been wasted on dealing with traffic incidents, ( I hesitate to call them accidents).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

I'm sure that is the stated position but the proof is in the pudding. I can re-call in the recent past that the traffic police were disbanded or altered and general officers were used for road incidents. I cannot remember the actual vehicles that they had but I know that they had some potent cars with special tyres and dedicated traffic officers.

As I say, I do not see special traffic cars and officers any more whatever the force says and a readily recognisable traffic force really does alter road manners for the better therefore actually saving money which would have been wasted on dealing with traffic incidents, ( I hesitate to call them accidents).

They always bring vehicles over from motor pool in UK every year. I'm sure it will happen this year too. Manx police driving them though .

Edited by Numbnuts

3 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

A bit of bollox there Boris, we don't have anything like the traffic density of much of the UK, nor the enclosed spaces. 

Despite not having the emission testing capabilities, which we may now have at the new testing station, cars have been pretty much self regulating for about twenty years as far as emissions are concerned. There will be some going around which are faulty but not to the extent that we are a toxic hell. 

I don't know of anywhere where you can taste the toxicity of exhaust fumes like you can in some urban areas in the UK?

• Thanks 1