TT 2022 ??

Barlow

22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

If I was ordering any kind of merchandise for the TT. I would concentrate on pictures of bikes and I would definitely not be putting a date on the items.

Apparently I'm led to believe that merchandising ,clothing etc is on its way from China but a very limited amount due to obvious reasons . Undated but only 1 container as the cost of containers has rocketed I'm told . Also not unsuprising theres a big excess left from last year , majority undated , but expect a increase in prices due to its two years now and cost of Tee's and garments has gone up quite a bit. Dont think though that cost to government for licence of the logo has reduced though. On the issues of costs wonder how held over deposits/ payments will be affected with the price rises for provisions , gas, wages and the likes ?? .  Interesting times for all the wrong reasons sadly.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Banker said:

I’m sure it will go ahead although if pandemic is still going then restrictions on unvaccinated traveling by either their own,uk or our governments will feature 

Yes, although sports events are going ahead throughout the world now, with huge numbers attending. Reports seem to be mentioning that the difficult part in attending is getting back into the UK and IoM, not getting to the event!

16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, although sports events are going ahead throughout the world now, with huge numbers attending. Reports seem to be mentioning that the difficult part in attending is getting back into the UK and IoM, not getting to the event!

Yes events happening but in most countries but you have to be fully vaccinated, Netherlands has banned all fans for 3 weeks 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:36 PM, Ramseyboi said:

Ditching TT zero having been ahead of the game and just as it is starting to become mainstream was typical IOM backwardness.

Agreed. TTZero was so far ahead of the game it wasn't competitive, Mugen being funded by Honda and everyone else building the bikes in their sheds. But now everyone is turning to electric, now we have cities competing to host FormulaE, having done the hard work, we bin it off. Idiotic.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Agreed. TTZero was so far ahead of the game it wasn't competitive, Mugen being funded by Honda and everyone else building the bikes in their sheds. But now everyone is turning to electric, now we have cities competing to host FormulaE, having done the hard work, we bin it off. Idiotic.

there was no money in it for the right people.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:19 PM, 2112 said:

Ditching TTzero will not win IOMG any new friends or it’s standing within the international community. Having dick waved and told everyone that the IOMG was greener than green, and they will punish it’s citizens for climate change infringements, it’s ironic that IOMG ditched TT zero sending mixed messages.

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

1 hour ago, WTF said:

there was no money in it for the right people.

All bollox I'm afraid, there's very little interest in Electric Bike racing worldwide. Great as a testbed and interesting for those washing machine engineers amongst us, but nothing more than a virtue signalling exercise. MotoE at GP level, with about 20 starters doing 7 laps of a three mile track, on overweight machinery, supplied by one manufacturer, has not inspired much interest at all, despite being televised and run at most of the European Grand Prix meetings. There were not enough competitors to make a race, I think only seven started the last TT Zero race? The effort and cost of the safety precautions wasn't even being covered I would imagine, and the paddock fire where one of the machines and a van burned out was a bit of a wake up call too!   

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

All bollox I'm afraid, there's very little interest in Electric Bike racing worldwide. Great as a testbed and interesting for those washing machine engineers amongst us, but nothing more than a virtue signalling exercise. MotoE at GP level, with about 20 starters doing 7 laps of a three mile track, on overweight machinery, supplied by one manufacturer, has not inspired much interest at all, despite being televised and run at most of the European Grand Prix meetings. There were not enough competitors to make a race, I think only seven started the last TT Zero race? The effort and cost of the safety precautions wasn't even being covered I would imagine, and the paddock fire where one of the machines and a van burned out was a bit of a wake up call too!   

Do you not think the worldwide racing world has its head in the sand. Does it not realise that the world changes and those that don't change, die. 

'No Interest'-Says it all to me. Luddites

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Trackman said:

Another threat to the races is the lack of anaesthetists at Nobles. Given the nature of the injuries that come in the races and open roads I think we may need more that the couple we have.

they will miraculously find the money to fly in vastly overpriced locums for the 2 weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Do you not think the worldwide racing world has its head in the sand. Does it not realise that the world changes and those that don't change, die. 

I think if worldwide racing had changed to electric it would already be dead. As Max Power has rightly pointed out the technology and manufacturer interest has created only very bland and uninteresting racing so far.

Far from not realising that the world is changing, racing has invariably provided the technological developments and pioneered that change. If racing isn't embracing the change to electric bikes then that's probably because electric bikes are not the future, at least in the short or medium term, perhaps never.

Reducing climate change is all about reducing carbon emissions, carbon emissions from motorcycles are miniscule in terms of transport emissions, racing bikes even less so, and transport emissions are only one part of a bigger picture.

Virtually any human activity has a carbon footprint, deriding them for it purely based on whether you like them or not is nonsense. Bigotry is a poor substitute for logic.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

As @A fool and his money.....has pointed out, plus the technology employed in racing leads to more efficient internal combustion engines, in turn leading to less carbon emissions. 

It's nothing to do with motorcycle racing fans and teams being Luddites, it's purely down to the fact that it's hard to become interested in something which isn't interesting! It would be like a football fan trying to get excited by blow football!

FormulaE may be cited as the future of F1, it isn't. It attracts a totally different type of spectator, those who would be excited watching Scalextric cars and having a fairground atmosphere.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I think if worldwide racing had changed to electric it would already be dead. As Max Power has rightly pointed out the technology and manufacturer interest has created only very bland and uninteresting racing so far.

Far from not realising that the world is changing, racing has invariably provided the technological developments and pioneered that change. If racing isn't embracing the change to electric bikes then that's probably because electric bikes are not the future, at least in the short or medium term, perhaps never.

Reducing climate change is all about reducing carbon emissions, carbon emissions from motorcycles are miniscule in terms of transport emissions, racing bikes even less so, and transport emissions are only one part of a bigger picture.

Virtually any human activity has a carbon footprint, deriding them for it purely based on whether you like them or not is nonsense. Bigotry is a poor substitute for logic.

Well i am pleased that you have convinced yourselves.

The only thing that stimulates change in motorsport is necessity. Necessity drives innovation. Innovation filters down to products. It doesn't work the other way around.

Therefore if the motorsport bodies banned ICE motorcycle racing then manufacturers would work on Ebikes because racing is their marketing. Products would follow.

Of course they won't have the balls to do that so they will have to be forced and eventually it will happen. You wont stop it and your argument will fall flat.

Regarding  "carbon emissions from motorcycles are miniscule in terms of transport emissions". This may be correct but then you could trot that excuse out for almost anything. The carbon emissions for Ferraris is minuscule as well. Maybe they will be exempt from change too. I doubt it somehow.

• Thanks 1