TT 2022 ??

Barlow

2 minutes ago, Bandits said:

You aren’t currently allowed to park on the walkway. 

DOI just needs to write out a temporary parking  on the promenade footpath order ,  and a few signs  motorcycle parking only in this area , and the  tarmac and surface  by  the war memorial is full of holes  and cracks so its not as if the  Chinese granite will be marked , ,  this is another failure by the department  to build in provision for events like the TT and MGP  after all we have had them for over 100 years ,but if you get everything designed some place in Milton keynes  and no one in the local office takes an interest then this is what happens , bloody disgrace really !

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure how a ticket on a German or even UK bike will be enforceable?

It isn’t really.

Unfortunately the whole way parking enforcement is done in Douglas is wrong and often unacceptable. Something has to change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Amadeus said:

Unfortunately the whole way parking enforcement is done in Douglas is wrong and often unacceptable. Something has to change. 

Fully agree with you there. Let’s see how bad Douglas’ generally appalling business prevention officers will be over the TT period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

From one of the TT Facebook Groups. The DOI have already been out making sure bikers can’t park on our hallowed new extra wide pavements. Sadly they forget that there is now nowhere else to park around Loch or Central Prom. So the years of bikes lined up on the pavement are finally over then? 

9D47EF2C-B951-406B-8703-EFAE46A8E6DC.jpeg

I’m not exactly a bike fan, and I’m generally a stickler for rules, but even I think this is moronic. We expect rows of bikes parked on pavements, with leather clad bikers admiring each other’s polished chrome. As long as they’re not causing an obstruction, leave them alone (if they are causing an obstruction, have the bike moved and crushed, obviously)

The upshot of enforcing this is that there will be bikes parked randomly in the residential streets, taking up car spaces that are not exactly in plentiful supply…

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

From one of the TT Facebook Groups. The DOI have already been out making sure bikers can’t park on our hallowed new extra wide pavements. Sadly they forget that there is now nowhere else to park around Loch or Central Prom. So the years of bikes lined up on the pavement are finally over then? 

9D47EF2C-B951-406B-8703-EFAE46A8E6DC.jpeg

Those signs were not there yesterday afternoon as outside the cafe had at least 20 parked there. Oddly the huge bike park by the Esplanade was totally empty.

Anyway the wardens will no doubt be missing for the next two weeks and the police will be more concerned with  trendy social media pictures.

• Like 1

Seeing how tone deaf DoI parking enforcement is, they’ll likely be out in force giving tickets. I hope I am wrong but they consistently set themselves low standards and fail to achieve them. Still waiting for replies to emails and being given the “we’re busy with TT” excuse when I follow up. 

• Like 1