TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Seeing how tone deaf DoI parking enforcement is, they’ll likely be out in force giving tickets. 

They are out in town today in reasonable numbers. 

Why don’t they use the stupid strip of weeds and dog shit along Loch Prom for parking bikes? 

3 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

It isn’t really.

You break the rules you get a fine, don't be a dick and there is no problem.

Except they often don’t even know their own rules or implement things wrong. I’ve had tickets overturned that they refused the appeal on after I queried where in the parking order it says xyz. I want to be nice and polite with them but it’s hard when something is so badly run and the city suffers as a result. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Amadeus said:

Except they often don’t even know their own rules or implement things wrong. I’ve had tickets overturned that they refused the appeal on after I queried where in the parking order it says xyz. I want to be nice and polite with them but it’s hard when something is so badly run and the city suffers as a result. 

If you go up around Athol Street there’s quite a few people now taking time and date stamped photos of their parked cars when they park up as they’re sick and tired of getting dodgy tickets issued by those disgraceful business prevention officers. The DOI must be sick of everything being challenged but then again that’s what is always going to happen when you employ a load of ignorant rude and often vindictive and scruffy twats to go round openly milking the public which pays their wages. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It isn’t really.

Unfortunately the whole way parking enforcement is done in Douglas is wrong and often unacceptable. Something has to change. 

Like return the on street parking and open up the so called walkway to parking. There is plenty of space left for walkers especially if it was demarked by a raise pavement edge.

51 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I like the way you slipped the word "city" in there, Councillor. .  lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So one biker caught by an undercover bike doing 110mph in a 50mph, report says it was Glen Helen to Kirk Michael section so I’ll assume it’s Cronk Y Voddy, a new speed limit that’s so utterly frustrating, especially when you’ve been stuck behind slow vehicles through Glen Helen and it’s one of the safe overtaking sections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bandits said:

It’s yet another flaw in this abysmal embarrassing project. So we have a festival every year where thousands of bikers arrive and want to ride into town and spend money. I know. Why don’t we make absolutely no provision for this whatsoever and piss everyone off and make sure they can’t spend any money in the shops as they can’t park anywhere! No doubt they’ll have the business prevention officers out ticketing everyone in sight too if they do dare park on the pavements. 

That's assuming the TT is here to stay and it's not just part of the managed decline of the event 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Rubbish. It’s all part of the tradition and atmosphere of the TT buzz. 

Tradition my arse.

that’s right park your bike anywhere you like. Pavements, walkways let’s be as inconvenient as I can possibly be.  I’m alright Jack. Fuck everyone else off. 
bEcAuSe TrAdItIoN

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1