TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Tradition my arse.

that’s right park your bike anywhere you like. Pavements, walkways let’s be as inconvenient as I can possibly be.  I’m alright Jack. Fuck everyone else off. 
bEcAuSe TrAdItIoN

Curmudgeon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Tradition my arse.

that’s right park your bike anywhere you like. Pavements, walkways let’s be as inconvenient as I can possibly be.  I’m alright Jack. Fuck everyone else off. 
bEcAuSe TrAdItIoN

There isn’t actually enough official parking places for motorcycles, Does DBC want bikers to spend their hard earned in town or not? Because these business prevention officers suggest otherwise.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It has always been the case that anything goes parking wise for the TT period with the SP bringing over 13000 bikes what do you expect…..it is only for two weeks ffs.

But a few weeks ago the police decided that  parking on the pavement was an issue that they were going to address with ,amongst other things, prosecutions. 

Why should they persecute locals and ignore visiting bikers?.

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

Got to admit I knew this would happen over TT that bikers would see the vast spacers now created as a ideal place to park up. And equally knew that authorities would also react as they have done with signs and bookings. The reason being bikers are sensible and need to park somewhere and as theres only a couple of dozen spacers designated for bikes on the prom they have parked or tried to on the vast areas of space. DOI are complete imbeciles and have not thought for one moment that there's 13 thousand plus bikers heading here who all at one time or another on there visit will need to park on the Prom. This needs to be sorted and very quickly. You cannot openly invite everyone to the Island and not properly cater for there parking needs. Me thinks this policy will be changed very quickly as businesses and bikers are going to be complaining big time and rightly so. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Yeah sounds wonderful but unless I can park on a pavement it just won’t be the same. 

You’ll be reet then - bikes and cars are parking all over the pelican crossing, making it difficult to see if people are waiting. 

6 hours ago, Bandits said:

From one of the TT Facebook Groups. The DOI have already been out making sure bikers can’t park on our hallowed new extra wide pavements. Sadly they forget that there is now nowhere else to park around Loch or Central Prom. So the years of bikes lined up on the pavement are finally over then? 

9D47EF2C-B951-406B-8703-EFAE46A8E6DC.jpeg

Working well I see :) 

49CD1A15-060E-4F1F-AE3F-51C8CFD68CFC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

But a few weeks ago the police decided that  parking on the pavement was an issue that they were going to address with ,amongst other things, prosecutions. 

Why should they persecute locals and ignore visiting bikers?.

So how exactly do you think they can get payment from visiting bikers?

27 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So how exactly do you think they can get payment from visiting bikers?

Exactly , and is it even enforceable as not sure those signs are legal. You can't just determine that you cant park somewhere on a whim surely ?     

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Exactly , and is it even enforceable as not sure those signs are legal. You can't just determine that you cant park somewhere on a whim surely ?     

Would have to check the promenade parking order to see what it says. Can’t be arsed right now but it’s online somewhere. DoI don’t care about it so why should visiting bikers? 

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

This may cover it from IOM highway code

You MUST NOT park wholly or partly on a pavement without a police officer's permission. Parking on a pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments, and people with prams or pushchairs.
[Road Traffic Act 1985, s. 30(2)]

Just now, Amadeus said:

Would have to check the promenade parking order to see what it says. Can’t be arsed right now but it’s online somewhere. DoI don’t care about it so why should visiting bikers? 

But surely they would have to designate clearly no parking areas etc. There is signs on the prom but only on clearly defined areas and the likes of Disabled areas. Common sense says they have to back off or find parking 'legally' for up to 13 thousand plus bikers . Its only getting worse as each boat arrives ! .

2 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

This may cover it from IOM highway code

You MUST NOT park wholly or partly on a pavement without a police officer's permission. Parking on a pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments, and people with prams or pushchairs.
[Road Traffic Act 1985, s. 30(2)]

Defination of a pavement ? As these big areas down on the prom are not what I'd determine as a pavement. Gary Roberts then just needs to say its fine guys 😂 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3