TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Seriously, if they can't make the signage any clearer, when are they going to implement a system that is fit for purpose? 

Tbh in my view they couldnt make it more obvious this year with the signs, barriers and the likes. The guy needs the book thrown at him , make him take his test again after he gets his eyes properly checked .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Another major fail. These the 20p toilet blocks ? . Clearly they either need to clean and quick or shut them down. Whats up with this place be it DBC or Government when it comes to maintenance or overseeing contracts ?

Post on facebook

I went to the public toilets at the grandstand earlier. They were disgusting! I don’t mean recent dirt, I mean black mould around the taps that has clearly been there weeks (amongst other stuff). Who is responsible for maintenance & cleaning them?

It will be a fight between DBC and DoI over funding. It wouldn’t ultimately matter anyway as DBC couldn’t give a shit about public facilities, either providing or maintaining them. The council has been infiltrated by the loony left so providing basic services are at the bottom. No doubt Covid, staff shortages and that old stock excuse …….. Brexit will be used. Sad!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Tbh in my view they couldnt make it more obvious this year with the signs, barriers and the likes. The guy needs the book thrown at him , make him take his test again after he gets his eyes properly checked .

Perhaps he is one of CM Cannans new immigrants to the island, via locate.im?

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Seriously, if they can't make the signage any clearer, when are they going to implement a system that is fit for purpose? 

Actually, having read the story, it seems the driver was stopped before getting very far so the system was fit for purpose in this instance. It just goes to show though, that signage alone isn't enough. 

9 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Drivers being fit for the road is more appropriate, whoever it was needs to hand their driving licence back immediately. Grove Mount in Ramsey is another one, you see idiots turning into the one way, that’s despite no entry signage, a solid stop line covering both sides of the junction and all the other cars facing the other way, which should give a big enough clue.

Dukes Road has also been catching people out, that’s slightly more understandable as some cars were still parked facing the wrong way when it was changed, they normally have two massive stop signs at floor level too but they haven’t this year.