TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I'm rather relaxed about MHKs having hobbies, provided they don't impinge on their work. An MHK writing a novel and get royalties would be fine. Stu hosting a podcast supported by subscribers would be similar. Theoretically this is no different. 

But is there a conflict of interest here? Does it give him a financial stake in Manx Radio and the continuance of the TT? 

59 minutes ago, Declan said:

I'm rather relaxed about MHKs having hobbies, provided they don't impinge on their work. An MHK writing a novel and get royalties would be fine. Stu hosting a podcast supported by subscribers would be similar. Theoretically this is no different. 

But is there a conflict of interest here? Does it give him a financial stake in Manx Radio and the continuance of the TT? 

It’s not for the TT. 

4 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

It does.  It’s about 60 percent of what it should be

24 MHKs for 85,000 people. You're going to be hard pressed to argue for much more.

And from my experience there are some MHKs who don't give a damn or a reply to their constituents. No wonder they had so much time to memorise all the freemason speeches (and lick stamps and that in their Post Office for li'l' old ladies).

5 hours ago, WTF said:

another one is the one way from kingswood grove down into st barnabus in douglas ,  some kingswood staff seem to think they can just nip up that hill when ever they like and the one way doesn't apply to them.

They should have a TT bellend traffic award. Went to watch the racing on the Southern 100 course this afternoon. Get stuck behind a long queue of traffic going back to Douglas at nearly stand still speed up past King Bills and the airport roundabouts. Finally get to pass at the Total Station what is a silly old twat in a mobility scooter doing 5 mph down the middle of the road deliberately holding up the traffic. It was like he had some sort of death wish. Not sure why you’d be that thick unless you actually wanted to die being hit from behind at 50mph. Some of these clowns need dealing with. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

They should have a TT bellend traffic award. Went to watch the racing on the Southern 100 course this afternoon. Get stuck behind a long queue of traffic going back to Douglas at nearly stand still speed up past King Bills and the airport roundabouts. Finally get to pass at the Total Station what is a silly old twat in a mobility scooter doing 5 mph down the middle of the road deliberately holding up the traffic. It was like he had some sort of death wish. Not sure why you’d be that thick unless you actually wanted to die being hit from behind at 50mph. Some of these clowns need dealing with. 

Couldn't get on the bus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

Couldn't get on the bus?

He was more likely to get under a bus to be honest.  It’s like the cyclists on the Mountain a few years ago. I don’t understand why people seem to be hellbent on being such total dickheads just because they think they can. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bandits said:

He was more likely to get under a bus to be honest.  It’s like the cyclists on the Mountain a few years ago. I don’t understand why people seem to be hellbent on being such total dickheads just because they think they can. 

You'll have to ask the ACU.

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

It’s not for the TT. 

He’s commentating on the TT.  Therefore, he has a vested interest in the continuance of the TT to continue his side hustle. But I’m sure he’ll be objective next time it’s funding is discussed. 

It’s not for the TT. 

He’s commentating on the TT.  Therefore, he has a vested interest in the continuance of the TT to continue his side hustle. But I’m sure he’ll be objective next time it’s funding is discussed. 

It’s not for the TT.