TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Is it? Obvs the FB algorithm shows different folks different things, but I pretty frequently see stuff from the Constabulary Media Page and the various regional ones.

Yes there is plenty of updates but the quality of the posts have gone downhill considerably, the traffic/RTC updates were uploaded far quicker in the days of Tweetbeat and often with a bit of humour. The RPU page is like some sort of caption competition/photo opportunity, I don’t even think I’ve even seen a list of road closures shared by them this year (should probably check first.......)

Spoke to some German visitors today and one said he got pulled over for speeding at the hairpin. Cop apparently checked his number plate first, saw he was German and let him off due to language barrier. Would a local have been done and might that kinds thing skew local vs visitor statistics? Possible I think, up to a certain limit. 

18 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

You clearly haven’t seen the TikTok account 😂. It’s pure cringe

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN177K79/?k=1

I’m surprised that the DfE motorsport team haven’t harnessed the full power of Tik Tok and come up with a snappy TT jingle and viral campaign. This years TT could have become the offshore equivalent of the Binley Mega Chippy. I’m sure Manx Radio could have come up with enough crappy jingles from their archives. 

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Spoke to some German visitors today and one said he got pulled over for speeding at the hairpin. Cop apparently checked his number plate first, saw he was German and let him off due to language barrier. Would a local have been done and might that kinds thing skew local vs visitor statistics? Possible I think, up to a certain limit. 

I know a local who was let off for speeding the other day.

No comment.

The NPM reports theft of motorcycle racing equipment from the workshop tents at the Grandstand. The police are investigating. I wonder if there will be the usual appeal for information, and a possible photofit or CCTV footage, in a few weeks time? Cynics will rightly comment that as it’s TT the police are proactive and at times gung ho, whilst not wishing to do anything for 50 weeks of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Officer needs a disciplinary if this is true.

Just now, 0bserver said:

Why? If the language barrier was the problem he was probably just going to tell him off anyway. Isn't much of a language barrier for points and a fine. Numbers innit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Long time ago….

I really miss those days and completely took them for granted at the time, I think at one point I even remarked I was bored with the entertainment as it was always the same stuff, be careful what you wish for....... after all the Covid nonsense I’d have loved to have seen this again, the event being more than just road racing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Why? If the language barrier was the problem he was probably just going to tell him off anyway. Isn't much of a language barrier for points and a fine. Numbers innit.

There are translation services - Language Line. 

5 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

I’m surprised that the DfE motorsport team haven’t harnessed the full power of Tik Tok and come up with a snappy TT jingle and viral campaign. This years TT could have become the offshore equivalent of the Binley Mega Chippy. I’m sure Manx Radio could have come up with enough crappy jingles from their archives. 

I don't think Binley Mega Chippy will be killing many people over the next week and a half! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I don't think Binley Mega Chippy will be killing many people over the next week and a half! 

They’re missing a trick though. 700,000 views on Tik Tok and trade up tenfold from customers across the world. They’ll probably get more visitors than us by the end of next week.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-61635101

8 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Officer used his discretion I’d say. That’s why I said up to a certain limit that’s probably ok. German guy sure knew he has to be more careful but clearly also appreciated the cop being fair.

I’ve not seen any visitors pull stuff I’d say was mental yet, but I have seen local boy racers rag their Ford Fiascos up Broadway with smoking tyres last night. Maybe the locals are worse than visitors stereotype isn’t one after all. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The Germans do seem particularly bad for not sticking to 20/30mph limits, don’t they have any like that in Germany? Had a few overtake me in Sulby while the 20mph was flashing away, they seemed completely oblivious (and did get pulled in by the copper at end of Sulby straight I assume for going over 30mph), I then had a group of 6 pull out of a side road today like they had all the time in the world, when the first one went I just knew the rest would follow, I had to more or less slow to a crawl, you’d have thought I waved them out or that it was for me to give way to them.

Edited by Annoymouse

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I got away with a speeding ticket on Sunday heading into Kirk Michael. Was given a ticking off only. 

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, though my great grandfather was from East Prussia, so that might have been a factor.