TT 2022 ??

Barlow

16 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Not sure it was all down to Derek, but I do agree it’s really gone downhill since, the Police presence outside TT/MGP is non existent.

Do you think so? I think overall the public is getting more information than ever before. 

I will say that some of it does feel like padding in places but overall it is good.

16 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

You clearly haven’t seen the TikTok account 😂. It’s pure cringe

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN177K79/?k=1

There are some spaces the cops don't need to be in. Tiktok is arguably one of them.

16 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Officer needs a disciplinary if this is true.

Nope..they have discretion. Its why a Ferrari gets a FPN for a non-bump. Or doesn't from another officer.

Edited by Derek Flint

3 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Any thoughts on this one?

image.thumb.png.c8d5c99299a8d6ab87bb9dace0e5b70e.png

How on earth did he lose his shoes at the Gooseneck?

Were they the ones he was wearing whist riding? In which case he should be reprimanded for not being appropriately dressed for riding a motorcycle. What sort of person rides a motorcycle with shoes or boots that don’t fit?

If they fell out of his panier he should also be reprimanded for not securing that properly. It could have caused a nasty accident.

If it was neither of the above have the police not got more pressing things to deal with?

If I rang the police and said I’d lost my shoes do you think they’d send out a search party to try and find them for me? I doubt it

Never mind the Cheshire Cat grins whilst damning the locals with that stupid scoreboard thing.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

How on earth did he lose his shoes at the Gooseneck?

Were they the ones he was wearing whist riding? In which case he should be reprimanded for not being appropriately dressed for riding a motorcycle. What sort of person rides a motorcycle with shoes or boots that don’t fit?

If they fell out of his panier he should also be reprimanded for not securing that properly. It could have caused a nasty accident.

If it was neither of the above have the police not got more pressing things to deal with?

If I rang the police and said I’d lost my shoes do you think they’d send out a search part to try and find them for me? I doubt it

Never mind the Cheshire Cat grins whilst damning the locals with that stupid scoreboard thing.

He's a visitor so the rules don't apply.

7 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Do you think so? I think overall the public is getting more information than ever before. 

IMO you certainly did more to try and build a relationship with the general public, it felt like there was at least a good effort made in tying to be more transparent yet equally more proactive . I feel they’ve gone back to the old fashioned sneaky cat and mouse game, but they’re so lazy they wait for the mouse to come to them, rather than make any effort to pounce. IMO there has been a massive shift since Covid, you’ll be lucky to see a copper on the roads these days (unless on blues & twos)
Information wise I’ve noticed an increase in Mispers and the occasional appeal for witnesses/information due to theft/damage reports, but that’s it really.

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

IMO you certainly did more to try and build a relationship with the general public, it felt like there was at least a good effort made in tying to be more transparent yet equally more proactive . I feel they’ve gone back to the old fashioned sneaky cat and mouse game, but they’re so lazy they wait for the mouse to come to them, rather than make any effort to pounce. IMO there has been a massive shift since Covid, you’ll be lucky to see a copper on the roads these days (unless on blues & twos)
Information wise I’ve noticed an increase in Mispers and the occasional appeal for witnesses/information due to theft/damage reports, but that’s it really.

Mispers?

35 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

There are some spaces the cops need be in. Tiktok is arguably one of them.

It must be awful being a copper these days. What with all the humiliating yourself on social media that is now expected to come with your job. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They fell out of his luggage, Police went easy on him because they had the sense to stop and inform the Police rather than stop on a main highway and risk possible injury/death by trying to retrieve them. It can be quite tricky securing luggage to any bike, string can snap, bungee cords can stretch 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

A FB post from this evening.

I knew this was a thing, but have to agree that it seems completely nuts to impose the double white lines when the road is one way.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
***A18 Mountain Road***

Today a gentleman was awarded a £100 fine and penalty 3 points for crossing a DOUBLE WHITE LINE while travelling on the unrestricted section of the Mountain road A18.

Personally I NEVER realised that crossing the double white lines since the one way system was introduced in 2007 was an offence? 

That is absolute rubbish. They might as well not make it one way if that’s the case. The police are really trying to win the PR battle with the public this year aren’t they? I went up on the first day it opened and used the whole road it’s surely the whole point allowing people to use the whole road and take the racing lines as it’s safer. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Youaintseenme said:

It has always been the case.

The offence is to cross the double white line.  Doesn’t mean you can’t drive in the right lane as I understand it.  It just means that if you are on one side of the lines when they start you stay there until they end.

It’s still pathetically stupid. I would be appealing the ticket. The double white lines denote where you are not allowed to overtake as it’s dangerous to oncoming traffic. There is no oncoming traffic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Youaintseenme said:

No they don’t.  Legally, they denote where you can’t change lane on either a single or dual carriageway .  As a result they are often used in places where overtaking would be dangerous

Policing it when the road is one way is basically nonsense. I would t be paying the fine and I’d be appealing the ticket. It just makes the police look like pedantic idiots.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Personally I NEVER realised that crossing the double white lines since the one way system was introduced in 2007 was an offence? 

If crossing the white lines is prohibited when it’s one way, then it would be prudent to let the public know because currently it’s not common knowledge. 

If the Police could clarify directly on this post so it would be very much appreciated so everyone can ride legally and safely.”

Ties in nicely with the earlier posts, the Police used to post every year about the double white lines and the rules during TT period/mountain one way, the advice then was you must not cross them, basically if you’re on the wrong side then stay on that side until you’ve passed them, yes it seems absolutely daft and no that chap isn’t the first one to be prosecuted, there has been several over the years.

Gut feeling is they use it as a way to punish those who’s riding/driving they don’t approve of, I’ve been followed/chased quite a few times over the mountain by Police and always been mindful of the white lines for this reason.

I think the most ironic thing is on a few sections the cones actually guide you across the double whites (Waterworks for example) I’m not sure about the solid white line on your side either, they weren’t keen on people taking the racing line through windy corner and cutting over the cross hatchings.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

I have just layed my beloved husband to rest today, l was appalled for our cortege to be over taken on the inside at the grandstand by quite a few bikes, all English reg.  Show some respect bikers!

My husband spent many years as a Marshall for the TT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

A FB post from this evening.

I knew this was a thing, but have to agree that it seems completely nuts to impose the double white lines when the road is one way.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
***A18 Mountain Road***

Today a gentleman was awarded a £100 fine and penalty 3 points for crossing a DOUBLE WHITE LINE while travelling on the unrestricted section of the Mountain road A18.

Before everyone gets all aerated, isn't it likely what the police mean by "the unrestricted section of the Mountain road A18" is the section without the one-way restriction on it?  Probably between Creg-ny-Baa and Governor's Bridge.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I have just layed my beloved husband to rest today, l was appalled for our cortege to be over taken on the inside at the grandstand by quite a few bikes, all English reg.  Show some respect bikers!

My husband spent many years as a Marshall for the TT.

Unfortunately I see this happen more and more regularly, even to the extent people can’t be bothered to wait for a funeral car to turn into the cemetery and they will overtake/swerve round as they are turning, it’s just really disrespectful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Before everyone gets all aerated, isn't it likely what the police mean by "the unrestricted section of the Mountain road A18" is the section without the one-way restriction on it?  Probably between Creg-ny-Baa and Governor's Bridge.

Nope, it definitely covers the one way section too and it’s all been heavily discussed before in previous years, it says ‘unrestricted’ section because the cones cut across the double white lines in the speed restricted areas.