TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Just done some more digging. Oh! How much I have forgotten! 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/regulation/26/made

So legally, they are in play. How sensible that is, remains another question.

Have we adopted the giving way to pedestrians at junctions yet? I thought I’d read they were to be adopted straight away as part of the new changes but on the few occasions I’ve stopped to let pedestrians cross I’ve had the car behind get a bit agitated and nearly go into the back of me, I try where possible to do a sort of rolling stop rather than a complete stop.

To use as an example, in Victoria Street Douglas I quite often turn right down Fort St (I think it’s Fort street, where Noas bakery is/was) there is almost always a pedestrian about to cross/waiting to cross but some will wave the vehicles on and others will cross. 

33 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

To use as an example, in Victoria Street Douglas I quite often turn right down Fort St (I think it’s Fort street, where Noas bakery is/was) there is almost always a pedestrian about to cross/waiting to cross but some will wave the vehicles on and others will cross. 

The Highway Code states that If someone has started crossing the road and you want to turn into the road, then the pedestrian has priority, so you should slow down and give way until they've crossed.

22 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

There's no better place for a funeral though, you miserable twat. 

Wow !

You are doing nothing there for the non local resident held belief  that the  manx are an insular, inbred bunch of  money  grabbing, from tourists,  type  of  twat.

Good luck.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AOR said:

The Highway Code states that If someone has started crossing the road and you want to turn into the road, then the pedestrian has priority, so you should slow down and give way until they've crossed.

That’s not how I understand it, my understanding is that it’s any pedestrian waiting to cross a junction, say you are about to turn across their path they have priority because they’re more vulnerable.

From January 2022 a pedestrian waiting to cross should be given priority. Previously, drivers were told to give way to pedestrians if they ‘have started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road’. The change also appears in the revised Rule 170.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AOR said:

So I shouldn't be running them over then. 

Oops

• Haha 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

I do wonder if that is why the speed measures have been so prevalent this year - with cops on patrol with speed guns at regular intervals. 

To cut down on the accidents so the figures stay low. Not for altruistic reasons but as evidence towards continuing the races

There is no method to the speed limits, they have data in the areas that experience the most accidents but have thrown up the speed limits randomy.

Lack of police seems to be the issue, they have specials Manning the speedguns so the others can pose with rag and bone man or help a man find a shoe 

• Haha 1