TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Its not vague guess work at all. It’s exactly what they did over covid. Used it to have a purge on the local scummers who they knew wouldn’t be obeying the rules. Same with this just easy targeting to justify their own existence as the reality is that the Chief Constable couldn’t find his own ass with both hands. 

Idiotic post of the week goes to you.

If locals want to behave like idiots then they can't be surprised at the end result. Personally, we live here on the island and have a moral obligation to behave and show visitors that. Acting like twunts does them no favours at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I would have LOVED that!  Have you got another gig there? I might come and throw pants again. 

We were all throwing pants at Bon Jelski last night (apart from the keyboard player of course - he's like a Darkness reject🤣)

PS only joking @wrighty Great sound - apart from the bass player who really is gash (he's my brother and I'm really hoping there was no bog roll in the Royal when he sprinted off after the gig for what appeared to be a very urgent shite)

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Rob's not sure...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/expected-decline-in-tt-2022-visitor-numbers/

Not sure about air arrivals due to cancellations and stuff. How don't they know? 

Because if a plane is cancelled you don't know how many will rebook and how many not bother.  Some may come as foot passengers by sea.  And if passenger number are down they don't know how many will be TT and how many not until the surveys are all done and analysed.  I suspect if they are already sure about a drop in boat passengers, that will be quite an underestimate.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

On twitter he says "unsurprisingly, all bar two are local" as he once again demonstrates his contempt for the people he serves and protects 

I’m not sure why he feels the need to make the distinction between arrests of locals and visitors. Idiots are idiots from wherever.

For example there are always a number of arrests during the annual Notting Hill Carnival in London.As far as I am aware no statistics are published (although they may be kept) as to how many of these arrests relate to those living in that area and those from further afield.

Its not even just the fact that this split between IOM and non IOM is made. As others have said it’s the patronising way it is presented .”Unsuprisingly all bar two are local” , I ask you.

As someone who has always been supportive of the police this approach does rub me up the wrong way.

And they are losing a lot of local goodwill

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last sentence
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

On twitter he says "unsurprisingly, all bar two are local" as he once again demonstrates his contempt for the people he serves and protects 

"unsurprisingly, Gary Roberts manages to make himself the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons"

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Because if a plane is cancelled you don't know how many will rebook and how many not bother.  Some may come as foot passengers by sea.  And if passenger number are down they don't know how many will be TT and how many not until the surveys are all done and analysed.  I suspect if they are already sure about a drop in boat passengers, that will be quite an underestimate.

maybe they have decided to start giving actual figures which won't help the stats percentage wise by years of out the arse numbers from skelly,

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

That’s all it boils down to, more Police  = more people caught, but why do they feel the need to highlight this? when that is obviously the case. Don’t want to arrest so many people? Halve the Police presence, problem solved.

You could argue that it’s absolute transparency - something members of this forum scream for from other government departments? And more arrests - yes. Again, my personal experience once you’ve been doing this a while, you can spot an aggressive drunk and take them off the streets to cool off and as a result, no assault. No vandalism. Or - let them assault and vandalise. You don’t just arrest someone for being pissed. You arrest them to prevent crime (again from personal experience). I’d rather arrest someone and they get a caution after sleeping it off, as opposed to not arrest them and call an ambulance for the poor person they assaulted 20 minutes later and have them charged with assault/GBH. 

Edited by Steve_Christian
Addition
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, quilp said:

Rob's not sure...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/expected-decline-in-tt-2022-visitor-numbers/

Not sure about air arrivals due to cancellations and stuff. How don't they know? 

I'm genuinely surprised, it seems very busy with visitors at present and the racing proper hasn't started yet?

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm genuinely surprised, it seems very busy with visitors at present and the racing proper hasn't started yet?

Pretty quiet out west

I think Mr Callister may have understated with his "1,000 less TT visitors than 2019" perception, but figures were never really his thing

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My neighbours have let their house out to visitors.  Last night they thought it would be great fun to throw 50+ plastic pieces of flooring into the river.  This is VISITORS Gary, not locals.  I've put a note through their door to tell them to get them shifted. If not then I'll get my wellies on and lift them - but - I know it's nothing like money laundering or drug dealing - but who the hell thinks it's a good idea to throw plastic flooring over a wall into the river?  The poor salmon.  Watch this space. 

Hope you reported this to plod.

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

No need.  I can sort it.

I don't know who you are, but I know what you have done. I can tell you I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you clean the river now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will move next door to you."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is a shame that the TT numbers appear to be down, but perhaps it is just that motorbikes are not as popular in the younger generations now, and the entire biker culture is on the way out. You can see it when you get out and about, not many 20-40 year old bikers out and about exactly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

It is a shame that the TT numbers appear to be down, but perhaps it is just that motorbikes are not as popular in the younger generations now, and the entire biker culture is on the way out. You can see it when you get out and about, not many 20-40 year old bikers out and about exactly.

Maybe you should get out a bit more...

National lockdown measures 12 months ago mean sales of motorcycles in the UK have boomed for the first two months of 2022 

Sales of motorcycles in the UK have made a strong start in 2022 with figures showing a 70% increase overall after the first two months of the year.

Taking advantage of the unaffected social conditions a year after the UK entered a third national lockdown due to COVID-19 for part of January and the entirety of February, it means sales figures in 2022 have galloped ahead in traditionally slow months.

Coming ahead of the latest new registration switch in March, sales of motorcycles were up 81.7% from 2,868 units to 5,212.

All sectors saw at least double - in some cases triple - digit growth year-on-year, which after a strong January too means overall sales are 11,399 units - 70.1% on the 6,702 units sold in 2021 over the first two months.

• Haha 1