TT 2022 ??

Barlow

3 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Taking advantage of the unaffected social conditions a year after the UK entered a third national lockdown due to COVID-19 for part of January and the entirety of February, it means sales figures in 2022 have galloped ahead in traditionally slow months.

Coming ahead of the latest new registration switch in March, sales of motorcycles were up 81.7% from 2,868 units to 5,212.

All sectors saw at least double - in some cases triple - digit growth year-on-year, which after a strong January too means overall sales are 11,399 units - 70.1% on the 6,702 units sold in 2021 over the first two months.

Well in the first 2 months of 2021, pretty sure there was a national lockdown. So its abit skewed to say that 2022 is booming when compared to covid months. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Locals are easy targets. Makes the numbers/stats look good.

Well maybe locals should take some responsibility and stop being easy targets then. 

This forum does make me laugh though. The police don't do anything, the police lock up to many locals make your mind up 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Does anyone know how Steve Mercer is getting on? Talking to a marshal in the pub at lunchtime and apparently they've been told that under no circumstances are they allowed to discuss the case!

You don't half spout some bullshit whenever the TT is involved. Some of the crap you've posted this week is vile, subhuman bile, just overflowing with hate. Marshals aren't the Stazi, and they're not "under orders" not to discuss things, nor would anyone normal just ask a random marshal for updates on a medical case. Steve Mercer posts his progress on twitter if you' re interested. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m not sure why he feels the need to make the distinction between arrests of locals and visitors. Idiots are idiots from wherever.

I think you do know.
If a large influx of visitors resulted in a correspondingly higher crime rate then it looks bad on the TT as a whole.

The figures show that the local dickheads are on a high too and there are more people to act like a dick in front of.

A typical example, 25 years ago, I remember seeing a 16 year old scrawny wee shite from a well known estate in Douglas egging on a burger van queue of visiting bikers to "come and 'ave a go, I'll take the fookin' lorrof yas on".

He was met with bemused and amused stares, from the mostly 6 foot+ Germans

I see the guy around these days. He's a grandad and relatively respectable. I will pick my moment to remind him of the day. 

27 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Does anyone know how Steve Mercer is getting on? Talking to a marshal in the pub at lunchtime and apparently they've been told that under no circumstances are they allowed to discuss the case!

Maybe the marshal recognised you as a bit of a dick and was feeding you a line. It's nicer than telling some to 'get tae fuck'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Why is it even important that he is Dutch 🤣   it will soon be a full description…a blue eyed lady with a tattoo on her left leg was cycling on the TT course going the wrong way..she was spoken to.

Probably to show that the Dutch can be as big a dick as the locals.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

You don't half spout some bullshit whenever the TT is involved. Some of the crap you've posted this week is vile, subhuman bile, just overflowing with hate. Marshals aren't the Stazi, and they're not "under orders" not to discuss things, nor would anyone normal just ask a random marshal for updates on a medical case. Steve Mercer posts his progress on twitter if you' re interested. 

Lol you need to take a break from necking the Monster Energy.