TT 2022 ??

Barlow

37 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That definitely needs reviewing, for one thing it was absolutely pointless because they were already on top of it, the warning needed to be before the hazard and if any of those side cars had spun out they would almost certainly be in the firing line. 

There should have been waved yellows at the bottom of Hillberry for that. IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banky said:

I thought that code of conduct was for social media, and not just having a drink in a pub. Either way, I'm glad I'm out. Yes i miss the camaraderie, but i said the same in 1990, when as an a official, i told Parker & Armes to do one. #ACU 

Nah....marshalling has moved on since 1990 mate. No flags, just sign language and hand dryers.

46 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Just to say I have watched it again, and those Marshall’s should be I the orange.

Absolute nobrots 

I wouldn’t go that far, they’re volunteers doing their very best but this is the sort of thing that can/should be used for education purposes. If they felt there was enough of a hazard to the riders then it was also a hazard to themselves. Having 5 people doing the same motion/signal was not only confusing for the riders but they lined themselves up like skittles in the process, one of them even seemed to be kneeling/leaning really low in an attempt to be in the riders eye line, again you need to jump/sprint out of the way should the worst happen, not put yourself at any unnecessary risk.

Its easy to sit and criticise from behind a computer screen, especially after the event, it’s clear there was a bit of panic which despite training nothing really prepares you for a real event. I also thought there was a flag marshal positioned near the Matrix sign? I’m sure I’ve seen flags on the tower platform before. 

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, littlebushy said:

Nah....marshalling has moved on since 1990 mate. No flags, just sign language and hand dryers.

I know, i was IMC trained up until lockdown, and I'll tell you, there's plenty of flags all in view of each other or TETRA on blind bends. I was talking about when i was an official up on start control. 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There were yellow flags from Slegaby lane, before Hillberry, at Hilberry and after, and the riders were warned before they left.

Going on the speeds portrayed in that clip  if that's the case (and I'm not doubting your word) then the competitors need hauling in for a chat over tea and biscuits without the tea and biscuits? Was there a displayed green flag after the hazard?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I wouldn’t go that far, they’re volunteers doing their very best but this is the sort of thing that can/should be used for education purposes. 

They might be volunteers, and they might be doing their best, but under the Road Races Act 2016 a marshal "is subject to the same liabilities, and enjoys the same immunities, as a constable".   Presumably, marshals are told this during their training, and therefore fully understand the ramifications.

As always, the devil is in the detail.

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There were yellow flags from Slegaby lane, before Hillberry, at Hilberry and after, and the riders were warned before they left.

I think that makes it worse, so why were the riders going so fast through standing water then? assuming they were on slicks i’m surprised we don’t see so much as a twitch, not sure of exact speed but that’s got to be a good 70-80mph through that puddle.