TT 2022 ??

Barlow

8 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Just to say I have watched it again, and those Marshall’s should bin the orange.

Absolute nobrots 

6 hours ago, Mysteron said:

They might be volunteers, and they might be doing their best, but under the Road Races Act 2016 a marshal "is subject to the same liabilities, and enjoys the same immunities, as a constable".   Presumably, marshals are told this during their training, and therefore fully understand the ramifications.

As always, the devil is in the detail.

We're not allowed to criticise the Orange Army. They're all highly trained and know exactly what they're doing. There was nothing to see here. 

You're being a smart-ass. It doesn't matter what's out of shot. What we do see are sidecar outfits going through standing water at speed. Racing slicks and water don't mix. What we see is a highly dangerous situation - flags or no flags. It could be the riders ignoring the flag warnings but whatever it's a shit-show and it has to stop.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You're being a smart-ass. It doesn't matter what's out of shot. What we do see are sidecar outfits going through standing water at speed. Racing slicks and water don't mix. What we see is a highly dangerous situation - flags or no flags. It could be the riders ignoring the flag warnings but whatever it's a shit-show and it has to stop.

Isn’t Callister on the radio waxing lyrical about a new automated digital red flag system they’ve invested into? Do they actually need flags now?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/reinventing-the-tt-for-new-audiences-548998

Edited by Bandits
Added link to mention of digital flag system
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Why?

The flags will have all been out of shot from Hilberry into Cronk any Mona.

The flag marshal post at Cronk Ny Mona is also out of shot to the left.

the only reason you would see any yellow flags in that shot would be to warn of an incident between there and signpost, and even then they wouldn’t be picked up by that camera angle 

I'm no expert on flag waving, and appreciate that flags may well be visible further down the road, but you asked 'what someone would expect to be different in that clip', and that remains exactly what I would expect to see. I would expect flags to be waved not just ahead of the hazard, but at the hazard itself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Youaintseenme said:

What do you think is wrong with that video?

What would you expect to see different?

At worst I’d expect to see one person waving their arm to signal slow down so it’s one clear signal and that’s only if flags haven’t been displayed further down. At best I’d expect them to stand well back having risk accessed the situation, they’re predominately there to react to an incident not put themselves in harms way. Perhaps try a karting day up at Jurby with slicks on, hit a puddle at full whack and then tell me this wasn’t dangerous.

You lot can’t help yourselves can you, I told you what flags were displayed and you continue to gob off as if you know the rules.
The riders were informed of the water and were travelling a lot slower than normal, when the situation worsened and water flowed across the road, the red flag was shown and all riders stopped. Only a few riders completed the lap. Of course all the armchair clerks of the course knew that didn’t you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

You lot can’t help yourselves can you, I told you what flags were displayed and you continue to gob off as if you know the rules.
The riders were informed of the water and were travelling a lot slower than normal, when the situation worsened and water flowed across the road, the red flag was shown and all riders stopped. Only a few riders completed the lap. Of course all the armchair clerks of the course knew that didn’t you?

Why don’t you share your opinion then Max Power? Was it dangerous or not? I don’t understand why Marshals are standing that close to the hazard if al the riders knew about it and why is there 5 people giving a slow down signal when one would suffice? 

Risk of aquaplaning and loss of control was high, am I wrong? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Max Power said:

@Youaintseenmesee, there was really nothing to see here.