TT 2022 ??

Barlow

8 minutes ago, AOR said:

The new kids are on the block alright.

Jenny thingummyjig is ok, and is a women of course, which is the way of the world these days in commentating. But her randomly stuttered delivery sounds affected, like when that raised inflexion at the end of every sentence that people used to do when they thought it made them sound interesting.

Not sure that's the worst thing ATM.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The twitter police are out in force 'take it down', 'show some respect', 'dont speculate' etc, but nah piss off. It's TT, there's a red flag and loads of smoke, no more racing today, someone's binned it into a wall and is probably dead, again. 

I suppose it's a bit like going to the zoo. You always have a nice time when you're there but you leave feeling a bit shitty cos you've seen a caged tiger or some bonobos that just shouldn't be there. We had a nice time at the grandstand.

People die racing motorbikes around narrow roads not designed for racing. Frequently. Acknowledging it and talking about it is showing more fucking respect than shutting things down, offering some feeble 'thoughts and prayers' and then forgetting all about it as the show must go on.

The reason not to speculate is so officials can tell the family first, as for the rest I mostly agree, but a death is tragic and shit for everyone involved, at least it’s not just been immediately swept up and carried on with like it never happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

The reason not to speculate is so officials can tell the family first, as for the rest I mostly agree, but a death is tragic and shit for everyone involved, at least it’s not just been immediately swept up and carried on with like it never happened.

I should probably shut up, but honestly I'm at the point where if someone has taken part in a frankly insane race, got it slightly wrong and hit a century old stone wall at 150mph then it isn't tragic, it's entirely fucking predictable and remarkably likely. A seven year old dying of some rare bone cancer is tragic.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I should probably shut up, but honestly I'm at the point where if someone has taken part in a frankly insane race, got it slightly wrong and hit a century old stone wall at 150mph then it isn't tragic, it's entirely fucking predictable and remarkably likely. A seven year old dying of some rare bone cancer is tragic.

Almost reminds me of the US situation with gun control. 

Dynamics are slightly different. But people preach thoughts and prayers (while having the power to prevent deaths) but nothing ever changes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

At least the friends and relatives have the potential comfort of your kind words.

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

We could always put an end to all the hurt and suffering caused by the TT once and for all. 

Or you could just get on with your life 

instead of playing the busy body trying to stop anything you don’t like 

• Like 7

Just now, manxman34 said:

Like shouting, 'Bum, willy, poo!' 

Quality stuff there.

'No you can't have a dissenting view, you can't think that people voluntarily riding motorbikes at 180mph through sleepy villages is fucking insane and dying while they're at it is completely expected, no, no, bum willy poo' 

Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Road staying closed bray hill to Alexandra drive, not good 

There’s pictures now been taken down from Twitter (rightly) showing the whole set up on fire against the wall at the bottom of Selbourne Drive. Rumoured the passenger didn’t make it. The footage taken down wasn’t nice.