TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Markduc said:

Or you could just get on with your life 

instead of playing the busy body trying to stop anything you don’t like 

You don't get to use that angle. It's funded by taxpayers. And so long as it continues to be anybody who is a taxpayer gets a say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Youaintseenme said:

So you think it’s rightly been taken down, yet you are going to continue to spread unverified rumours prior to any official announcement?

Quality. What a lovely chap you must be

Please stop trolling. It’s repetitively boring. You’re not even very good at it either. The picture and video footage has been rightly taken down as it was fairly graphic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I should probably shut up, but honestly I'm at the point where if someone has taken part in a frankly insane race, got it slightly wrong and hit a century old stone wall at 150mph then it isn't tragic, it's entirely fucking predictable and remarkably likely. A seven year old dying of some rare bone cancer is tragic.

It’s still tragic for the families involved, riders take part knowing many have died before them, although they don’t expect it to happen to them otherwise they wouldn’t take part but the families are always waiting for their safe return and it’s those who are left grief stricken after an event who will be most affected.

So when I say my sympathies are with those involved they definitely are, if a rider is seriously injured I hope for a good recovery, if they’ve died I just hope it was quick and that the families have the support they require.

If you lack any empathy/feeling whatsoever then that’s quite concerning in itself.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It’s still tragic for the families involved, riders take part knowing many have died before them, although they don’t expect it to happen to them otherwise they wouldn’t take part but the families are always waiting for their safe return and it’s those who are left grief stricken after an event who will be most affected.

So when I say my sympathies are with those involved they definitely are, if a rider is seriously injured I hope for a good recovery, if they’ve died I just hope it was quick and that the families have the support they require.

If you lack any empathy/feeling whatsoever then that’s quite concerning in itself.

Trolls will be trolling. No one ever says this in a boozer during TT or  the Manx. Or if they do, it's in a When I pub ! 

The last couple of pages are a disgrace of speculation, trolling, counter trolling. 

Im temporarily locking the thread until there’s a formal announcement.

I do know what the damage is. For now - enough.

Anyway, Manannan appears to have gone rogue.

85093C1F-E252-4864-BD38-0B61F64D324A.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It is with deep sadness that the Isle of Man TT Races can confirm the passing of Olivier Lavorel following an incident on the opening lap of the first Sidecar Race of the 2022 Isle of Man TT Races.

We wish to extend our deepest sympathies to Olivier’s family, loved ones, and friends, and our thoughts are with his team mate, César Chanel, who is in a critical condition following the accident.

Olivier was a new member of the TT Races paddock, but his and César’s performances throughout qualifying had impressed their peers and fellow competitors immensely. Olivier was also following in the footsteps of his older brother, Sebastien, who has previously competed as a passenger at the TT Races.

The road racing community is like no other in motorsport; particularly within the world of sidecars. The loss of Olivier will be felt throughout the paddock.

• Sad 6

So terribly terribly sad. One year I stood by the dad of some brothers who were in the side car race, when their number didn’t show up on the timing thing by the race hut as expected you could actually see the “living hell” he was feeling, I tell you, I was very happy for him when they turned up at the grandstand, it was a blue outfit, bear racing perhaps.

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If you now find yourself going “thankfully it’s only one dead” you are the problem #grestestshowonearth

Sadly this is true. 

Will any of the MHKs, race organisers etc. lose any sleep tonight or skip their planned festivities? 

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

The last couple of pages are a disgrace of speculation, trolling, counter trolling. 

Im temporarily locking the thread until there’s a formal announcement.

I do know what the damage is. For now - enough.

Anyway, Manannan appears to have gone rogue.

85093C1F-E252-4864-BD38-0B61F64D324A.jpeg

Whilst locking the thread in relation to trolling and speculation, was stating your inside information really necessary?