TT 2022 ??

Barlow

6 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If you now find yourself going “thankfully it’s only one dead” you are the problem #grestestshowonearth

That would be a very callous attitude when the driver is also critically injured and been flown to Aintree. The TT provides some amazing highs but some serious lows and today news would’ve torn a family apart.

Reading his older brother had also been a sidecar passenger at previous TTs really got me, knowing that he never even got to complete his first race, R.I.P 

"It was just a bad batch"
"It was just a manufacturing defect with the slick race tyre"

What's this then? 

VRMOiAi.jpg

Davey Todd's rear tyre when he retired at Sulby straight. Delaminated, like the other Dunlop tyres at the NW200.

4 minutes ago, germann said:

'And they won't go any slower when the race restarts.'

Can we really be arsed with this senseless carnage for the cash-only burger van dividend?

I'm not sure the dividend is the argument in favour. The fact that the event and the races are literally incredible is the argument in favour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Davey Todd's rear tyre when he retired at Sulby straight. Delaminated, like the other Dunlop tyres at the NW200.

Unsure if good luck or bad luck, how have these delaminated tyres not just blown out? Davey Todd was on for a good finish too.

What caused Connor Cummins to retire?

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Unsure if good luck or bad luck, how have these delaminated tyres not just blown out? Davey Todd was on for a good finish too.

What caused Connor Cummins to retire?

Being on the same bike and tyre as Davey Todd and not wanting his tyre to delaminate at the thick end of 200mph so far as I know.

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Being on the same bike and tyre as Davey Todd and not wanting his tyre to delaminate at the thick end of 200mph so far as I know.

Most of the top ten were using Dunlops, it’s clearly a manufacturing fault , after seeing NW200 I assumed it was just a bad batch but it’s clearly effected more than they realised. 

It's a known fact that tyre manufacturers have faced difficulties in obtaining some of the usual compounds used in motorcycle tyre construction, these have arisen from circumstances including Brexit and Covid. It would be unsurprising if this was linked in some way.

• Like 1

Just now, Annoymouse said:

Most of the top ten were using Dunlops, it’s clearly a manufacturing fault , after seeing NW200 I assumed it was just a bad batch but it’s clearly effected more than they realised. 

The fact the fronts on Davey Todd's bike went at the NW200 was a dead giveaway it wasn't a batch problem, the fronts are entirely different.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's a known fact that tyre manufacturers have faced difficulties in obtaining some of the usual compounds used in motorcycle tyre construction, these have arisen from circumstances including Brexit and Covid. It would be unsurprising if this was linked in some way.

Yeah, or using reclaimed materials to save cash. Either way, sending competitors out on those tyres was very poor of Dunlop.

Edited by HeliX

5 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Hicky was on the same tyres, wonder how his looked? 

Likely running different PSI, different suspension setup etc. What'll be really interesting IMO is what tyres he has fitted for the next superbike/superstock race...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Likely running different PSI, different suspension setup etc. What'll be really interesting IMO is what tyres he has fitted for the next superbike/superstock race...

Metzelers with Dunlop stickers on them...

• Haha 2

Closing the thread for a bit of time ( and with the supercilious attitude ) was a bit silly. Everyone knew what had happened so why hide it. Whether you support the TT or not I don’t see what was achieved. We all know that every race meet we have here racers will die. And we will all have different views on whether that is acceptable. Shutting down the debate isn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Sadly this is true. 

Will any of the MHKs, race organisers etc. lose any sleep tonight or skip their planned festivities? 

They all have blood on their hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1