TT 2022 ??

Barlow

I know I said I would not post again but after yesterdays events (Widely known fatal crash, road burnt, no chance of further racing) I have just one last thing to say*. 

The whole TT thing has just become a Dirty Little "Business", - Which "makes" money on the back of death, maiming and disfigurement. Mostly promoted by your IOM government in the name of "Enterprise" But in reality, a way of keeping more of your civil servants employed- That is all.

My family have all raced in the TT back in the day, when it was a sporting event and run as such.

Now it is openly promoted, at least to IOM residents, as a money/ Tax raising event - that is just wrong/ sick

Even if it was, a "money maker", no privately run event would continue as the numbers just don't add up. Even  "30" thousand peeps in tents do not spend a lot of money.

Peeps that are happy to spend their holiday in tents, sets their spending demographic for AI adverts and says, "broke cheapskates" sell 'em out of date stuff, cheap, Aldi food and the like.

Again don't just hate and dismiss me, think about what  I am saying.

Read my old posts, I am a long term motorcyclist but I know when something is past its sell by date. Go around the island during the TT and just use your nose, and the TT smells like dead decaying bodies. 

The IOM residents are all tainted with this too by association - Those that do not wish the TT to continue in their name should make a stand.

If IOM residents were that bothered you would vote in MHKs that would stop the "greatest show on earth "  - FFS give me a bucket, not for sick but to collect the latest body parts - see QB road.

As an ex long term resident, although I miss the place, I only need to look at the 2 weeks of death and maiming to confirm our families' decisions to leave.

The island could be so much better, with an ounce of vision, not tainted by the TT blinkers.

*May be more depending on residential status.........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I know I said I would not post again but after yesterdays events (Widely known fatal crash, road burnt, no chance of further racing) I have just one last thing to say*. 

The whole TT thing has just become a Dirty Little "Business", - Which "makes" money on the back of death, maiming and disfigurement. Mostly promoted by your IOM government in the name of "Enterprise" But in reality, a way of keeping more of your civil servants employed- That is all.

My family have all raced in the TT back in the day, when it was a sporting event and run as such.

Now it is openly promoted, at least to IOM residents, as a money/ Tax raising event - that is just wrong/ sick

Even if it was, a "money maker", no privately run event would continue as the numbers just don't add up. Even  "30" thousand peeps in tents do not spend a lot of money.

Peeps that are happy to spend their holiday in tents, sets their spending demographic for AI adverts and says, "broke cheapskates" sell 'em out of date stuff, cheap, Aldi food and the like.

Read my old posts, I am a long term motorcyclist but I know when something is past its sell by date. Go around the island during the TT and just use your nose, and the TT smells like dead decaying bodies. 

The IOM residents are all tainted with this too by association - Those that do not wish the TT to continue in their name should make a stand.

If IOM residents were that bothered you would vote in MHKs that would stop the "greatest show on earth "  - FFS give me a bucket, not for sick but to collect the latest body parts - see QB road.

As an ex long term resident, although I miss the place, I only need to look at the 2 weeks of death and maiming to confirm our families' decisions to leave.

The island could be so much better, with an ounce of vision, not tainted by the TT blinkers.

Best status on Manx Forums this year. All sadly very true.

The island has some kind of collective denial in relation to the deaths and maiming this so-called event caused. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Best status on Manx Forums this year. All sadly very true.

The island has some kind of collective denial in relation to the deaths and maiming this so-called event caused. 

Anything you agree with is the "Best", and anything you don't is "collective denial". Do you think there's a chance you're an ideologue?

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Magnificent post Chapeaux 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

No. I'm a realist. 

Almost everyone I know would disagree emphatically with Blade Runner's post. The TT is incredible. The atmosphere this year is great. The community is great. The associated festival is as good now as it has ever been (after some fairly unspectacular years in the 2010s).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

From a personal point of view, I wish you'd have stuck to your promise and not posted again

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Almost everyone I know would disagree emphatically with Blade Runner's post. The TT is incredible. The atmosphere this year is great. The community is great. The associated festival is as good now as it has ever been (after some fairly unspectacular years in the 2010s).

As I said. Collective denial.

How do you factor in 2 dead already, 5 airlifts, 3 flown to Aintree (1 critical)? Is that part 'as good now as it has ever been'?

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

A minute seems an age when things like this happen, but a red flag at the scene wouldn't make the slightest difference, waved yellows slow the riders and warn them to be prepared to stop. A red flag is to halt proceedings rather than a signal to stop at the scene, that's why it is shown around the course. Riders stopped around a blind bend could be more dangerous as riders can pile into each other. The red flag locations are at specific points to prevent this. 

I love this armchair clerk of the coursery!

I understand how the time for the red flag can pass quickly and your point is valid. More significant to me though is how you can have a racing circuit with a blind crest. The events of last night were tragic but could have been catastrophic  and it seems only good fortune interjected for the sidecars behind. This wouldn't happen on a proper rave circuit as the rider would have a full view in front of him.

What astounds me about the TT is that nothing ever changes. No lessons were learned. About 30 mins after the incident a Marshall's car came zooming down Bray hill about 100mph. WTF was the need for that speed?

In F1 a fatality is treated with serious concern and changes are made. Cars are slowed down, circuits are slowed down. Cars are improved. What happens with the TT, well we get Coldplay over the Tannoy, we get back to the party, then the next year it's exactly the same. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, HeliX said:

You must have a small circle of acquaintance.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

One homeowner on QB Road that witnessed a flying flaming missile going past her front garden and the aftermath of death and medical treatment may disagree- her and family have been offered counselling / trauma advice  - which is a huge positive but begs the question why should there even be a need for it to be a consideration ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2