TT 2022 ??

Barlow

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Do you know something that nobody else knows? You keep saying this, is it a gut feeling or have you met a man in a pub?

A combination. People I know have claimed that people they have spoken to are "in the know" with claims that there could be issues with the insurance/safety side of it. 

Normally I would discount it as "man down the pub" speak, but then you look at the state of 'the track' and it's a mess. Add to that the mess with Nobles and the lack of capacity.... I can't see it going ahead! 

23 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

A combination. People I know have claimed that people they have spoken to are "in the know" with claims that there could be issues with the insurance/safety side of it. 

Normally I would discount it as "man down the pub" speak, but then you look at the state of 'the track' and it's a mess. Add to that the mess with Nobles and the lack of capacity.... I can't see it going ahead! 

I see you are a bit of a "the glass is always empty" type of person then.

The landlord of the Ginger Hall needs to know, he is fully booked up with Germans and they will not part with their euros until the Government confirm  it is going ahead he says he needs to know by Christmas.   The problem is as I see it if the Government  make a statement saying it will definitely be on and something happens to stop it will they be liable and a lot of businesses sueing them in this world of litergation any public announcement has to be watertight and to be fair things are still a bit shaky , the Germans will all be double jabbed by then by mandate according to the media 😙 but there is still the road surfaces to address and the usual concern regarding Marshalls. The new temporary scoreboard could be sorted I expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Blonde said:

Not really. I would quite like to know one way or another - if it's going ahead I will get flights booked off island for a few weeks. The world should be re-opening rather nicely by next May. 

why not go anyway and do us all a favour ??  :flowers:

I heard some time ago that a high level meeting and decision was scheduled for December, so not long to go.  Personally I’m doubtful - Marshals, roads, hospital, European lockdowns, lack of recent road racing anywhere else… All conspiring to make running TT difficult.  And then there’s the fallout from the Mercer case - do we know what that is yet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I heard some time ago that a high level meeting and decision was scheduled for December, so not long to go.  Personally I’m doubtful - Marshals, roads, hospital, European lockdowns, lack of recent road racing anywhere else… All conspiring to make running TT difficult.  And then there’s the fallout from the Mercer case - do we know what that is yet?

With all respect to Manx Care, it would be incredible for them to be in a position to provide medical cover for an event like the TT in less than 6 months, when we've only just had warnings to avoid A&E, waiting lists seem to be climbing and staff seem to be leaving. 

The TT is almost always 5+ body bags and however many others being pieced back together. Would UK trauma units even be willing to accept people from such an event with current pressures over there?