TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

strange it has taken so long to get to the bottom of what happened then .

No doubt an element of sub-judice, up to a point. After that....

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

The TTMA are not political or anything of the sort. They provide training and marshals admin and sign of/tracking/allocation to enable the races to happen, as well as support to marshals post ‘incident’. Please don’t try and bring them to to some sort of conspiracy for hiding data or stats. 

I have marshalled (2008-2019) and have never been offered post incident support .

My only concern is to prevent/ mitigate  a further reoccurrence  of  incidents @ Casey's and Black Hut.

Hope this helps.:flowers:

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Of course there are records, it's ridiculous to say that. Every incident is investigated and apart from that, there is a complete record of everything that happens during the event, down to which flags are displayed where, which vehicles move and when etc etc. 

I would venture to suggest that the marshals on the ground should be a party to the investigation .

44 minutes ago, WTF said:

strange it has taken so long to get to the bottom of what happened then .

How do you know they haven't?

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Has the injury claims from the Bray Hill crash in 2013 been settled yet? That ran into millions.

Ask the insurance company.

9 minutes ago, paswt said:

I would venture to suggest that the marshals on the ground should be a party to the investigation .

Pretty sure they were.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Have DOI been out fixing the road at so-called 'Ago's Leap'? Or are they just going to race over the cracks?

If you're referring to the cracks in Amadeus' video, those are quite a long way prior to the accident and have been there for ages haven't they?

10 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think you missed the point there.  @paswt referred to TTMA ltd, the newly created organisation with (so he has alleged) rules that prevent individuals speaking out.  If this is true, then they become part of any system that prevents open analysis of accident data.

It’s not new. It’s been IOMTTMA Ltd for many years. The articles were updated recently but it’s always been a limited company. I was a director of such. Nothing of substance or operationally has changed. I don’t believe they are in any way political. They facilitate and provide marshals and training and are true enthusiasts of the TT. I know people on this forum think everything is a conspiracy. My experience is they are good people giving up their free time (unpaid) to enable the TT to happen. 

Edited by Steve_Christian

10 hours ago, paswt said:

I have marshalled (2008-2019) and have never been offered post incident support .

My only concern is to prevent/ mitigate  a further reoccurrence  of  incidents @ Casey's and Black Hut.

Hope this helps.:flowers:

I apologise for that. There is a process where the DSMs and CSMs communicate with their marshals and the committee to provide support. We were looking to improve DSM and CSM training before I left the TTMA (and the Island (for work)). I apologise if you needed support and didn’t receive it. Hopefully there are better processes and procedures in place now. If you still feel you need support, it is available and please reach out to the TTMA or DM me.  

10 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Have DOI been out fixing the road at so-called 'Ago's Leap'? Or are they just going to race over the cracks?

Didn’t see any cracks or damage when I drove along yesterday , still a smell of fuel/cleaning etc & flowers where the tragedy happened