TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Treasury minister insists that we must gear-up and expand the TT so it "benefits local businesses and visitors." That will mean further financial investment, widening the scope of appeal...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/allinson-we-need-to-grow-the-tt/

Which is a grand idea, but how many local traders and businesses have the where-with-all to invest and grow that idea following a "long and very tough three years" of no TT..?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/traders-have-had-long-and-very-tough-three-years-without-tt/

13 hours ago, HeliX said:

Can't see how I've twisted anything to be honest. It is unfortunate that some people are killed doing something they wanted to do. I'm sorry if you think that word doesn't carry enough "gravitas" or whatever it is you're complaining about.

EDIT: Here was me thinking PT had clocked De Nada's change in the post. Maybe not. I guess anyone else who is upset at the word "unfortunate" can have the above words instead.

Not sure what happened there. I was agreeing with you and De Nada

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

Treasury minister insists that we must gear-up and expand the TT so it "benefits local businesses and visitors." That will mean further financial investment, widening the scope of appeal...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/allinson-we-need-to-grow-the-tt/

Which is a grand idea, but how many local traders and businesses have the where-with-all to invest and grow that idea following a "long and very tough three years" of no TT..?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/traders-have-had-long-and-very-tough-three-years-without-tt/

I think all that free TT corporate hospitality has got to the Treasury Minister’s head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

Pretty sure they were.

Max, as far as I'm aware the marshals @ Black Hut/Casey's have not been invited to attend an investigation by the powers that be into any incident . 

7 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I think all that free TT corporate hospitality has got to the Treasury Minister’s head.

What is inside his head? A brain? 

Everyday he likes to spout pronouncements and loves the sound of his own voice. Still thank goodness for small mercies, at least Rob Callister isn’t at the big table ……… yet! Then there will be pronouncements by Facebook, IOMNP and Onchan Facebook groups not to mention Twitter.

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

It’s not new. It’s been IOMTTMA Ltd for many years. The articles were updated recently but it’s always been a limited company. I was a director of such. Nothing of substance or operationally has changed. I don’t believe they are in any way political. They facilitate and provide marshals and training and are true enthusiasts of the TT. I know people on this forum think everything is a conspiracy. My experience is they are good people giving up their free time (unpaid) to enable the TT to happen. 

I am/was a member of the IOM TTMA ( along with either 283 or 680 members , nobody seems sure 😉)  and was notified of an EGM to wind up the company and transfer its assets to a new company  ( TTMA ltd ).

The EGA was adjourned as no information was given in relation to the assets/ liabilities of IOM TTMA.

A new date was set for a reconvened EGM which again was adjourned.

I have received no notification of when the adjourned EGM will be held.

I understand the the TTMA Ltd have now taken over the assets of the old company and are in charge with 2 Members . 

Just saying

Edited by paswt

WTF is the point of publishing and selling TT programmes with lists of competitors and their start numbers if most of those lists are going to be declared null and void on the day and replaced by a single list read out over the radio? With competitors in the paddock reported as also having to change the numbers on their machines 45min before the start?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, paswt said:

I am/was a member of the IOM TTMA ( along with either 283 or 680 members , nobody seems sure 😉)  and was notified of an EGM to wind up the company and transfer its assets to a new company  ( TTMA ltd ).

The EGA was adjourned as no information was given in relation to the assets/ liabilities of IOM TTMA.

I understand the the TTMA Ltd have now taken over the assets of the old company and are in charge with 2 Members . 

Just saying

well yes, we've claimed the members assets ( if there were any anyway going by the usual practices ) , we have got rid of the people we didn't like that might whistleblow , and we are now in charge of telling you nothing,  definitely normal for round here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

WTF is the point of publishing and selling TT programmes with lists of competitors and their start numbers if most of those lists are going to be declared null and void on the day and replaced by a single list read out over the radio? With competitors in the paddock reported as also having to change the numbers on their machines 45min before the start?

That’s changed now and reverted to all starting on programme order, may be some changes if someone is really quick

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That’s changed now and reverted to all starting on programme order, may be some changes if someone is really quick

They were announcing it for the now ongoing race this morning?

According to the police on the NPM 7 people are due in court for various offence committed over the weekend. The police seem very jocular over it, commenting people being ‘naughty’. It seems that good old IOM Police have a different attitude in TT fortnight, and adopt their attitudes to different classes, nationalities and types of people - I would that next week when the TT crowd have gone, the police will be gung ho towards the local inhabitants and certainly not jocular. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Why not change the starting order for the quickies but keep the published numbers on the bikes?

2 hours ago, paswt said:

Just saying

This was discussed some months back.

14 minutes ago, Chie said:

Is it me or does the 4G signal just die when the racing starts. Every time there’s a race my 4G speed just struggles.

Probably be everyone hitting up the TT Live app for some kind of news on the racing.

It's actually been quite interesting to see there is more or less a complete news blackout since they brought in the pay for app.  You used to be able to nip onto one of the local news/radio sites and they'd tell you if roads have closed on time, whether racing has started, who is in the lead etc.  No longer. 

• Like 1