TT 2022 ??

Barlow

12 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Allinson seems to think that more money and more people - particularly more money - solves every problem. Maybe.

If the TT ends abruptly it will be for one of two reasons:
1. An accident involving spectators
2. Public opinion

Spectators have been moved from a single row of people on roadside banks to grandstands close to the track. If a bike lifts off and goes into a crowded grandstand, the TT will be over.

Some people want to change the TT to be more like the Monaco GP - where the glamour and celebrities and ostentatious wealth are important to the event. But if there was one or more fatalities in each Monaco GP it would be shut down - not least of all because that type of person would not want to be associated with it. You might get more people into the executive lounges here at the TT, but are they the kind of people who want to hear of the latest fatality whilst sipping glasses of champagne.
There will inevitably be more coverage in the national newspapers. If the  FaceBookers and Twitterers go onto full throttle about the fatalities,  the gov. will not be able to shut down the entire social media.

I think it would have been better to keep the TT low-key, mainly for visitors

We need to be weaning business off being so TT-centric and encourage them to diversify. 

Thanks.  Doesn't seem to cover the situation where some riders complete the requisite number of laps but others do not.

"11.27. SILVER REPLICAS 11.27.1. Will be awarded to the competitors finishing within 105% of the winner’s time.

11.28.BRONZE REPLICAS 11.28.1. Will be awarded to the competitors finishing within 110% of the winners time but not qualifying for a silver replica."

5 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Thanks.  Doesn't seem to cover the situation where some riders complete the requisite number of laps but others do not.

"11.27. SILVER REPLICAS 11.27.1. Will be awarded to the competitors finishing within 105% of the winner’s time.

11.28.BRONZE REPLICAS 11.28.1. Will be awarded to the competitors finishing within 110% of the winners time but not qualifying for a silver replica."

I think they are awarded an average of their lap times up to the point that the red flag was deployed?

that shouldn’t include pit stops but a shame as the last lap is their only flying lap!

• Thanks 1

I don't know why they can't just say: "There's been a racing incident.  A rider/riders have been taken to hospital."  Or even "There's been a racing incident.  A rider has died"  (As long as they don't say that a rider has "passed away").

I can understand that if somebody has been killed that they don't want to identify the rider before family has been informed, but what is the point of withholding information that a rider has been injured or been killed?  You can state that fact without identifying them.

Not doing so just encourages ill-founded speculation. It probably does more harm than good in that it reinforces the idea that the organisers don't want to accept that the TT is very dangerous and it is almost ineveitable that each year at least a couple of riders will end up being killed.

Edit: Even looking at the what I presume is the official TT website now, there is nothing to indicate that anything has happened, or a denial that anything has happened.

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 3

I imagine that after the incident on Saturday they want to play down any further bad news. But with so many camera phones and social media it's odd that we're still in the dark. There was absolutely nothing on Manx Radio. Expect something later tonight.

Perhaps Gizo has just beaten me to it though. 

Edited by Shake me up Judy